Are you a self-motivated, driven individual with maintenance experience in an industrial or military environment? Then we have the job you are looking for! Georgia-Pacific is seeking a safety-oriented individual to join our team as a Saw Filer in Warrenton, GA. This position is an experienced skilled crafts role that creates value by performing a variety of maintenance duties, ensuring maximum facility uptime to meet production goals.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures
- Performing inspections and recording any problems with saws, guides or machinery.
- Pouring babbit for guide molds and machining guide pads to spec (.003)
- Performing saw and knife changes during unscheduled times and at the end of every shift.
- Checking lumber surface finish
- Maintaining all tools and equipment
- Working any shift, on-call, holidays, weekends and overtime as needed
- Working in a hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment
- Performing tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing, and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Maintaining strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least three (3) months previous work experience as a sawfiler or sawfiler trainee
- At least six (6) months of previous work experience in an industrial environment
- Experience using a computer for record-keeping and documentation functions
What Will Put You Ahead
- High School Diploma or GED
- Six (6) months or more of work experience in a sawmill
- Six (6) months or more of work experience in a farming, carpentry, construction, or military environment
- One (1) year or more of experience working in the lumber or timber industry
- Six (6) months or more experience working within tight tolerances (+/- .003) using lathes, mills and other machining equipment.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf