Electrical & Software Engineering Manager (Embedded Hardware)
Phillips-Medisize, a Molex company, is looking for an Electrical & Software Engineering Manager (Embedded Hardware) to lead our electronics design and embedded software team at our Hudson, WI location. Phillips-Medisize is a contract design and manufacturer of medtech, diagnostic, and combination products.
The Engineering Manager is responsible for the management, personal development and growth of a talented pool of engineers focused on the development of complex, connected drug delivery, diagnostic and medtech devices. The Engineering Manager will work in a matrix organization to understand project needs and appropriately assign individuals based on their strengths while also working to achieve site business objectives. This leader will be responsible for engineering teams that play a critical role in designing products that improve people’s lives.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Work with site management to improve overall organizational performance by participating in planning, implementation and monitoring of strategic initiatives Develop and manage the team resource utilization plan
- Understand the Design Development Process and each individual person’s role in the development of products
- Work with employees to establish and continuously evolve the individual’s Roles, Responsibilities and Expectations (RR&E) that meet the needs of the business and the growth of the individual
- Manage resource allocation on project teams and assign individuals to project teams based on project needs and individual strengths
- Drive the hiring, personnel development and performance management processes
- Manage a team of Electronic Design Engineers, Embedded Software Engineers, Electronics Project Managers and Technicians to execute customer-funded design services and internally-funded platform development
The Experience You Will Bring
- BS degree in a related Engineering discipline, Computer Sciences or closely related
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing engineering personnel in the fields of Systems Engineering, Electronic Design or Embedded Software OR Minimum ten years’ experience managing programs that include electronics and embedded software
- Minimum of 10 years of experience developing medical devices and applicable medical device standards
- Experience with personnel development processes, tools and techniques
VISA sponsorship is not being offered for this role.
In order to comply with U.S. export control laws and regulations, this position requires applicants to either provide proof of U.S. citizenship or lawful permanent resident status or be eligible to receive an export authorization (a license) under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf