National Account Manager, Packaging Sales
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. The company employs more than 30,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North and South America.
Georgia Pacific is looking for you to become our next National Account Manager for Corrugated Packaging Sales!
This position will be home-based but will travel to client sites across the country. The National Account Managers manage large volume accounts as well as prospect new accounts/develop new business while partnering with multiple box plants.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Manage an existing set of national packaging distributor customers
- Create value for GP and GP’s distributors as measured by revenue growth and providing innovative solutions
- Develop preferred supplier/distributor partnerships
- Sell a value-added portfolio of products employing a consultative, problem-solving approach
- Develop and manage prospective distributor partners determining customer need fit with GP capabilities
- Develop relationships with packaging leadership and regional decision makers
- Work independently against a variety of objectives using time management skills to meet and exceed internal/external customer expectations
- Collaboratively lead cross-functional initiatives and new business on-boarding to successful outcomes without direct authority
- Incorporate creative problem-solving techniques to identify appropriate solutions
- Maintain consistently updated customer activity reports/files; or similar data-mining capabilities
The Experience You Will Bring
- 5+ years of work experience in a sales or sales management role
- Able and willing to travel up to 50%
- Experience using Microsoft Office
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Experience selling to or through distribution
- Franklin Covey or equivalent sales training experience
- Experience using a CRM for pipeline management, documentation and communication
- Experience in Strategic Account Planning
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf