Facility Safety Manager
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Facility Safety Manager in Fort Dodge, IA. This position will be providing leadership and direction in establishing and achieving a meaningful health & safety vision and effective strategies through management. The Facility Manager provides leadership and direction by collaborating with front-line leaders and business partners to develop health and safety aligning with Georgia-Pacific’s visions.
The Georgia-Pacific facility in Fort Dodge, IA produces a variety of Gypsum wallboard products. Wallboard is an affordable, strong and durable construction material used in residential and commercial building. Georgia-Pacific’s building product business has consistently been among the nation’s top suppliers of building products to building materials dealers and large warehouse retailers. Georgia-Pacific employees strive for safety and health excellence while achieving an injury free workplace. To learn more about Georgia-Pacific’s Gypsum division please visit: www.gpgypsum.com
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Supporting and developing Compliance System Owners - CSOs (operations & maintenance personnel that manage critical hazards)
- Ensuring leaders and employees are trained and equipped to manage safety
- Facilitating health and safety ownership and accountability by the line organization
- Driving continuous improvement by leveraging tools and activities, including: self-assessments and audit processes; incident/near miss investigations; metrics and targets and periodic reviews of performance, culture, and talent
- Communicating facility health and safety vision, strategies, and performance to internal and external stakeholders
- Utilizing training and development plans to grow health and safety knowledge and skills
- Developing and managing investments in risk mitigation projects from approval to implementation
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Health and Safety Management, Engineering, or related Technical Field OR three (3) or more years of Health and Safety experience in an industrial, manufacturing, or chemical process environment
- Two (2) or more years of Health and Safety experience in an industrial, manufacturing, or chemical process environment
- Availability for call-outs to support a 24/7 operating facility on an as needed basis
What Will Put You Ahead
- Professional Engineer (P.E.), CSP or CIH or demonstrated progress towards achieving certification(s)
- Experience in leading culture change and developing/implementing management systems
- Experience and understanding of OSHA regulations
- Experience understanding and implementing Process Safety Management Elements
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf