INVISTA is among the world's largest integrated producers of polymers and fibers, primarily for nylon. With a business presence in more than 20 countries, INVISTA delivers exceptional value for its customers through market insights, technology innovations and a powerful portfolio of global trademarks including CORDURA® fabric, STAINMASTER® carpet, and ANTRON® carpet fiber. INVISTA's businesses include Intermediates and Performance Solutions. We transform daily life through innovations that create long-term value for our customers and society. You can be a part of the difference by joining the INVISTA team.
As a Data Scientist in procurement, you have the opportunity to be part of an organization that is investing in data and data science as a competitive advantage. This role will connect to potential business opportunities, embrace the challenge process, connect ideas to business value, develop new analytics solutions using contemporary tools, and tell the story of value to key constituents. This opportunity engages diverse types of business applications and data sets at a rapid pace, and our ideal candidate is a self-starter and gets excited creating new competitive advantages for the company.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Identifying opportunities or solution application where others might not
- Translate business problems into discrete projects and outcomes Own and implement an end-to-end data science projects
- Data wrangling and cleaning external and internal data sources in order to apply them to business models
- Create dashboards, visualizations, and data products that answer business questions efficiently
- Solution and model development, tuning, and deployment
- Present findings, ideas, and data stories to business leaders
- Partner and work with IT and other data scientists on projects and ideas
- Leading discussions on the art of the possible and strategic thinking
- Demonstrate problem solving with innovative solutions
The Experience You Will Bring
Bachelor's Degree or higher in a quantitative field. This could include Data Science, Analytics, Finance, Engineering, Economics, or Mathematics, etc.
- 1+ year of experience Python and SQL
- 1+ year of experience with database, data structures, and statistical concepts (such as distributions, covariance, correlation)
- 1+ year of experience working with visualization software
- 1+ year of experience with algorithm design and implementation
- 1+ year of experience using machine learning frameworks and modules such as Scikit-learn, TensorFlow, and technical analysis libraries
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience implementing machine learning models
- Experience Database/ERP software
- Business or new product development experience
- Leadership experience
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf