Reliability Engineer- Rotating Equipment
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a motivated individual with a solid background in reliability and rotating equipment engineering to join our team as a Reliability Rotating Equipment Engineer at the Savannah River Mill in Rincon, GA. This role drives and supports reliability improvements that maximize rotating equipment value creation, including safe equipment operation. The Rotating Equipment Engineer will be the technical resource and responsible for optimizing reliability work processes that increase asset life cycle throughout the mill.
The Savannah River Mill offers a unique opportunity to its team members. The mill is located in a beautiful part of the country in Effingham county with some of the best school systems in the state. It is close to the coast and the great city of Savannah, GA. The mill has established an excellent relationship with its community and participates in many community events. The Savannah River Mill has a very clean environment with virtually no odors. Most of our employees enjoy raising their families here in Rincon, Ga. Some choose to live at the nearby coast with year-round boating and long stretches of beach while others live near or in the great city of Savannah. Savannah is alive any time of year with activities for everyone to indulge. Savannah brims with all kinds of events including: architectural tours, music and food festivals, art exhibits, Civil War Re-enactments, bustling nightlife.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Monitor rotating equipment value creation opportunities and asset performance using appropriate reliability data analysis, metrics (MTBF), and KPI’s
- Provide technical support and drive improvement with rotating condition monitoring programs including predictive (PdM), lubrication, alignment, and precision installation practices
- Provide appropriate design for reliability engineering criteria input to capital projects
- Collaborate with other work groups including maintenance, operations, engineering, and external resources as needed to help develop a proactive path forward for equipment issues; this includes equipment upgrades, troubleshooting, and maintenance rebuilds
- Lead problem solving and troubleshooting efforts including formal root-cause failure analysis (RCAs) where needed to develop solutions and implement reliability strategies
- Collaborate with other work groups to drive implementation of reliability strategy improvements
- Promote use of appropriate tools and best available technology including failure mode and effect analysis (FMEA), reliability centered maintenance (RCM) programs, life-cycle analysis, and condition monitoring techniques
- Work toward excellence in Environmental, Health, and Safety and compliance by participation in safety initiatives, identifying, and resolving hazards with critical and high risks
- Ensure organizational effectiveness by advancing MBM® principles and culture
The Experience You Will Bring
- 5 years’ experience in rotating equipment reliability engineering in a manufacturing or military environment
- Knowledge of reliability programs (Analysis, RCA, PdM, preventative maintenance, lubrication, equipment installation and repair)
- Experience with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Experience with condition monitoring techniques including vibration analysis
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Ten (10) experience or more in rotating equipment reliability engineering in a manufacturing or military environment
- ASNT-TC1A Level I or II in Vibration Analysis
- Lubrication Level I certification
- Experience with advanced rotating equipment monitoring and troubleshooting techniques such as Modal and ODS Analysis, and Motion Amplifications Analysis
- Certified Maintenance Reliability Professional (CMRP) or Certified Reliability Engineer (CRE)
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf