Global Solution Architect
PRIMARY PURPOSE: The Advanced Planning and Scheduling (APS) Solutions Architect will support manufacturing operations in the deployment of IT solutions with a strong focus on Planning and Scheduling solutions and will play a lead role in the deployment of the Siemens APS/Preactor solution in Molex’s Plants. This role will work with all stakeholders to optimize planning and scheduling processes and systems to drive business process continuous improvements.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Evaluate the current manufacturing scheduling software functionality and manufacturing capabilities on which to identify gaps and provide Siemens APS/Preactor solution strategy that would enhance manufacturing performance, effectiveness, and maintainability.
- Direct technical teams through design, develop and deploy of an APS solution.
- Provide mentoring to local and global technology team members.
- Works as a team member within other IT departments to identify opportunities in support of our next generation manufacturing solution architecture.
- Create and govern APS technical specifications, best practices and change management processes.
- Writes documentation that communicates solution benefits to leadership and businesses.
- Establishing trainings and development programs/processes to enhance team’s competencies, capabilities and skills in APS.
- Follow established methodologies during program development and ensures programs adhere to the standards and procedures established by the IT department. Works with IT personnel to overcome obstacles.
- Notifies management and system analysts when requirements cannot be met and may make recommendations for modifications and improvements.
- Performs comprehensive functionality tests of new design to verify desired results are achieved.
- Work with vendor to leverage best in class solutions and talent.
- Communicates to management and business analysts direction, status, and problems with work assignments.
- Understand, support and contribute to current Molex Total Quality Management (TQM), Six Sigma, International Standards Organization (ISO) and Environmental, and/or Health and Safety (EH&S) Management Systems by following stated policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Engineering, Manufacturing or a related field.
- 3+ years’ experience in Siemens APS/Preactor solution design and full deployment.
- 5+ years of experience in working with Siemens Camstar/Opcenter technologies (MES\ Designer\CIO\MIO).
- Strong understanding of integration methodologies with systems like SAP, Opcenter MES, and other demand planning solutions.
- Strong understanding of demand planning and scheduling processes.
- Strong understanding of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) process and tools like Jira and Gitlab.
- Experience in supporting manufacturing and IT solutions.
- Communication skills to interact with business and all levels of the organization.
- 5+ years of applied experience in designing / implementing Planning/Scheduling technologies as well as Manufacturing (MES/MOM) solutions.
- 10+ years of working experience at plant in Electrical & Electronic, Manufacturing, Automotive Industry is preferred.