Our Brookneal, Building Products facility in Gladys, VA is looking for a Millwright. This state-of-the-art facility makes Oriented Strand Board, and is committed to providing a safe work environment for all its employees.
Our Millwrights are asked to work any shift; twelve (12) hour rotating shifts that include weekends, holidays, and overtime. Our facility is a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment. Successful candidates will be detail-oriented, have strong initiative and collaborate effectively and efficiently in a team-oriented environment.
Georgia-Pacific is a leader in the Forest Products industry and offers a competitive benefit package including medical and dental coverage, life insurance, paid holidays and vacations, and a 401K plan with company match.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Performing mechanical inspections, repairing and performing maintenance on all machinery and equipment
- Understanding and troubleshooting of mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, power transmission and steam systems
- Working in high places in excess of 80 feet, using man lifts and working in confined spaces
- Performing work that entails lifting up to 50 lbs, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for a least twelve (12) hours a day
- Utilizing computer systems to input work orders and identify parts
- Replacing defective parts with new parts or repairing/reproducing parts using welding, drill press, surface grinder and other machine shop equipment
- Maintaining and lubricating machines, tools and equipment
- Performing preventive maintenance on equipment as scheduled or assigned
- Maintaining accurate records such as labor hours and important PM findings on work orders
- Assisting with creating job plans for future reference on repair jobs
- Adhering to and promoting all safety policies and to include wearing necessary Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Participating in special projects as assigned
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Completion of an approved apprenticeship program, Associate’s degree or trade school certificate in the mechanical field or at least two years of experience in the Industrial Maintenance field
- Experience with troubleshooting conveyors and hydraulic systems
What Will Put You Ahead
- Welding experience; arc welding and oxygen/acetylene cutting
- Fabrication experience
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf