Customer Insights Lead
As a global icon and keeper of some of the most recognized brands in North America like Quilted Northern®, Angel Soft®, Brawny®, Dixie®, and Vanity Fair®, Georgia Pacific (GP) is the world’s leading maker of paper towels, bath tissue, napkins, facial tissue, disposable cups, plates, cutlery, towel dispensers, packaging, building products and related chemicals. Our boundless opportunities attract the very best experienced professionals. Now more than ever is the time to become part of GP.
We are headquartered in Atlanta, GA and employ approximately 35,000 people at more than 200 facilities worldwide. We are a subsidiary of Koch Industries, the second largest privately held company in the USA with a 60,000 strong workforce. Come explore all the things you didn't know about us! Come to GP where challenge meets opportunity.
GP’s Building Products business is seeking an entrepreneurial minded Customer Insights Lead to join our Customer Experience (CX) team. This person will drive primary research with our customers and employees to provide inspiring and actionable insights. The Customer Insights Lead will work closely with the CX team to identify solutions that create superior value for our customers.
Specifically, this person will be expected to:
- Identify new potential areas of opportunity through generative primary research (e.g. Voice of the Customer interviews, journey maps, identification of pain points)
- Work with the business to validate and refine commercial priorities through targeted insights
- Measure our success through annual customer satisfaction and Net Promoter Score surveys
- Drive a customer-first mentality with all employees in all we do
To do the above, this employee will need to be able to quickly learn the business to deliver more nuanced insights. They should demonstrate leadership capabilities in providing structure to ambiguous situations and facilitating conversations with executives.
This person will need to be well-versed in a variety of research methods as well as design thinking and innovation frameworks. Strong vision, strategic thinking, collaboration, communication, and influencing will be required to work across multiple stakeholders and advance a data-driven learning culture.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Working with the CX team members to frame, quantify, and prioritize problems/opportunities, and provide challenge and guidance along the way
- Identifying key gaps in our knowledge or ability to deliver on customer relationship opportunities, and working with capability partners to evaluate and address these gaps via analysis, research and/or experiments
- Lead in the planning, design and execution of customer research studies
- Conduct fieldwork to uncover unmet customer needs
- Exploring and experimenting with new research tools and innovative methods
- Utilizing tools such as rapid prototyping, sketches, and storyboards to facilitate ideation sessions and concept development
- Frame research findings into actionable stories in order to influence and make clear recommendations to multi-level leadership
- Using indirect influence to work with cross-functional teams in Analytics, Operations, IT and Supply Chain to understand implications of recommendations and execution of alternatives
- Seeking challenge and gaining alignment from senior leadership on key initiatives
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of qualitative or quantitative primary research experience
- Experience managing multiple workstreams and projects
What Will Put You Ahead
- Master’s Degree (MBA or related)
- Experience in innovation lab, design consultancy or consumer insights role
- Experience in customer segmentation, quantitative research, and/or survey design
- Proficiency with Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf