R&D Process Engineer - New Site
The Georgia-Pacific Corrugated Research & Development Team is looking for a R&D Process Engineer at our new state of the art facility located in the greater Atlanta, GA area. The selected individual will be the face and voice of R&D working with Quality and Operations teams in the manufacturing facility to identify and implement innovation and technology improvements in cross functional team environments.
Our business is expanding, and we are looking for candidates who want to join our team and create long term value. We seek those who have the courage to challenge the status quo, and who want to find fulfillment in what they do.
This position may be eligible for relocation benefits and offer a competitive salary to include a sign on bonus! If your passion is innovation you enjoy team collaboration, transformation, and continuous improvement we’d like to learn more about you!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Onsite R&D Process Engineer for new manufacturing site start up: including equipment install, training, acceptance testing, performance testing, process & equipment upgrades, etc.
- Actively engage with Operations, Maintenance and R&D to identify opportunities for evolutionary changes to the process & equipment. Conceptualize, scope, plan line time, test, compile data & present recommendations
- Communicate learnings and recommendations to R&D team at other sites & i2
- Engaging in verbal and written communication styles to influence and persuade others to change and improve existing practices
- Translate learnings and technology upgrades from other sites, work with EHS and site Operations to deploy on site
- Receiver for step-change process improvements & new technologies from Site 1 or i2, deploy on site
- Regular structured and informal communication to other process engineers and R&D community, active technical discussion & problem solving
- Update Process control & troubleshooting procedures, train plant personnel on current & updated process procedures
- Effectively communicate solutions and results to key organization stakeholders.
- Work with site operations leadership and R&D team members to develop and maintain R&D experiment testing schedules
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Technical support for customer complaint root cause analysis as needed
- Employ process control best practices & strategies to centerline the process
- Establish process engineering capability:
- DMAIC/Six Sigma champion for process improvements, foster collaboration across sites
- Process & product risk champion to review, mitigate & document risk of changes to process, equipment, product quality & the end Customers
- Supply chain process champion to work with Procurement to identify alternative raw material suppliers to reduce costs and increase process uptime
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering or Science
- Experience in manufacturing environment to include willingness to perform work in a manufacturing environment
- Experience presenting data in a conscience way to technical and non-technical audiences
- Willing to travel 75% first year, 25% or less after
- Willing and able to perform work in a manufacturing environment
- Willing to able to work non-traditional shifts and for periods up to twelve hours to include nights, weekends as business needs require
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical Engineering, or Paper Science
- Two (2) or more years’ hands-on experience working in manufacturing environment interfacing with Quality, Operations leadership, Maintenance, and hourly employees
- Experience developing and executing experiments, monitoring process data
- DMAIC/Six Sigma Green or Black Belt certified
- Competency in statistical software (JMP, SAS, etc)
- Experience leading process, product or equipment changes following a rigorous process of risk assessments, mitigation & follow up
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf