E & I Technician
Georgia-Pacific in Brewton, AL is currently seeking an Electrical & Instrumentation Technician for our Brewton, AL facility. In this role, you will have the opportunity to utilize strong electrical skills and knowledge focusing on PLCs, A/C and D/C motors and drives, control logic, schematics and troubleshooting leading to increased uptime and reliability, thus helping the facility to meet their production and quality goals. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with the production and maintenance teams to achieve these goals.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Performing electrical maintenance tasks relative to the maintenance department’s workload
- Performing preventative maintenance and corrective maintenance work orders
- Monitoring equipment and machinery for electrical maintenance deficiencies
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the work environment
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Five years or more of E&I troubleshooting experience OR two-year technical degree with three years or more of E&I troubleshooting experience
- Experience troubleshooting electrical controls, PLC’s, A/C and D/C motors, motor controllers and drives
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing hydraulics and pneumatics
- Experience reading technical drawings and schematics
- Willing and able to work any shift, including holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
- Willing and able to work in high and/or confined space
What Will Put You Ahead
- Three years or more of industrial electrician experience
- Three years or more of experience working with PLC's
- Experience using burner management systems, automatic control valves and pressure temperature measurement systems
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf