Georgia-Pacific’s Gypsum division is seeking to add a well-qualified Automation Engineer to work on the Automation & Digital Process Optimization Team to design, deploy, and optimize high value initiatives at our Sweetwater, TX location. This leader will be responsible for interacting with other Engineering disciplines, Corporate capabilities, as well as Plant operations in order to develop a sustainable deployment of key technology-based initiatives that deliver long term value and advance the business to best in industry standards.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Leads, develops and supports the implementation of transformation strategies across the complex in Automation and Digital Process Optimization (DPO) that could be scaled across the Gypsum business and Building Products
- Drives the execution of the automation and digital process optimization (DPO) portfolio developed in conjunction with the business and in alignment with the Division long-term reliability strategy
- Ability to effectively work and communicate with corporate resources in Automation/DPO, operations and various other capabilities
- Strong project management skills, problem solving, sense of urgency, customer focus, and team building
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to present to senior leadership; planning and organizational skills; ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Capable of managing individual projects as well as the overall transformation portfolio
- Ability to develop transformation strategies and action plans based on robust analysis of opportunities and challenges
- Work with SMEs in the business to help advance Automation and DPO initiatives and projects
- Ability to collaborate across roles and diverse groups, gather and share feedback
- Ability to collect data and formulate operation process flow charts to capture enhancements in safety, quality, cost reduction and throughput and implement through automation
- Provide technical expertise in process automation and transfer that knowledge to others (operations and maintenance)
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Three (3) or more years of hands-on engineering experience within a manufacturing operation
- Three (3) or more years of hands-on automation experience with PLC programming and Ladder Logic in manufacturing operations.
- One (1) or more years of experience leading projects
- Experience using Microsoft Office Tools such as Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Outlook and Auto Desk
What Will Put You Ahead
Bachelor's degree or higher in a technical field such as Electrical Engineering or Controls Engineering
Five (5) or more years of hands-on engineering experience within a manufacturing operation
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf