This job posting is no longer active.
Genesis Robotics & Motion Technologies - Manufacturing Engineer
Genesis has a unique new opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer looking to contribute to a truly unique business environment. You will help us build a world-class manufacturing and assembly operation to produce industry disruptive actuator technologies for robotics and automation. The ideal candidate will have a creative approach to problem solving and can help guide us as we commercialize our inventive core actuation (electric motors, gears, combined actuators) technologies.
You will be pivotal in developing best practices as we scale our manufacturing capability and capacity. Reporting to the Manufacturing Manager, you will collaborate with high-calibre manufacturing professionals as well as a talented array of engineers from multiple disciplines to institute manufacturing methods and processes for our robot actuators.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Support the development of new products through the NPI (new product introduction) process
- Research ways to reduce cost and improve quality through testing of alternative processes and materials; implement improvements when identified, tested, and proven
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout
- Design and implement fixtures, jigs, and other tools required for the assembly process
- Establish product and process capability requirements and standards to confirm manufacturing processes are operating correctly
- Participate in the development of manufacturing technical documentation, including PFMEA, process flow, control plans, and standardized work instructions
- Create and edit BOM and routing entries in ERP
- Support and demonstrate leadership with all health, safety, and environmental legislation and regulations, ensuring a safe work environment
- Demonstrate and enhance the company’s key Guiding Principles of Humility, Self-Actualization, Principled Entrepreneurship, Transformation, Respect, Knowledge, Integrity, and Stewardship & Compliance
The Experience You Will Bring
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing engineering
- 2+ years of experience with PFMEA, AQP, and other quality management processes and tools
- Engineering degree or technical diploma with relevant manufacturing work experience
- Competency in solid modelling software such as Solidworks, Inventor, or similar
- Proficiency with MS Office applications
- Excellent collaborator with proven ability to work effectively with a dynamic, energetic, and respectful team
What Will Put You Ahead:
- 10+ years of experience in manufacturing engineering
- Experience in NPI and advanced manufacturing engineering
- Experience in the manufacturing of rotating equipment and gearing
- Experience in the manufacturing of electric motors
- Experience in assembly process automation
Who is Genesis Robotics?
Genesis Robotics & Motion Technologies develops and commercializes innovative actuation technologies, including electric motors and gears, for robotics and other end markets. Our core patented product is a high-torque direct drive robotic actuator – the LiveDrive™. The LiveDrive™, along with a growing portfolio of other motion technologies, will power the world’s fastest, safest, and most versatile robots.
Located in Langley, British Columbia, our rapidly growing team is currently made up of 150+ individuals with diverse skillsets: PhD engineers, designers, physicists, mathematicians, highly skilled machinists and fabricators, and business development and sales professionals.
As a part of the Koch family, we are able to leverage the capabilities and strength of one of the world’s largest private companies as we look to bring our technologies to the world.
Learn about the Humans of Genesis on our LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/genesis-robotics
See more at our website: http://www.genesis-robotics.com/ and on our Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD5azmfUwUcfAvJn8jl1_eg
This job posting is no longer active.