Entry-Level Machine Operator
The Georgia-Pacific Mt. Wolf plant is now hiring Entry-Level Machine Operators to join their team! Candidates selected for this role will have the unique opportunity to train with our experienced machine operators and learn our process of producing corrugated boxes from start to finish. After training, the sky is the limit! Successful trainees have the opportunity to move into Machine Operator roles!
$19.10 Starting pay!
- Medical and dental benefits
- Life Insurance
- 401-K matching program
- Paid holidays – including floating holidays
- Paid vacation days
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Adhering to all plant environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Maintaining a strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
- Helping to meet and exceed production, waste, and quality goals
- Troubleshooting and making minor machine adjustments
- Maintaining cleanliness in designated work area throughout shift
- Handling or assisting with all aspects of the machine’s daily production including setting-up, operating, maintaining production quality, and performing daily maintenance
- Work in an industrial environment that is hot, humid and noisy and work around dust grease, oil and other chemical substances
- Perform tasks such as lifting, up to 50 lbs., walking, climbing, pushing, twisting and stooping
- Ability to work on eight to twelve-hour shifts that include weekends, holidays, overtime, and rotating shifts
The Experience You Will Bring
- 1 year of continuous employment
- Experience using a computer (typing, using a mouse, Microsoft Office Programs, etc.)
What Will Put You Ahead
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience in a similar work environment
- Experience operating or troubleshooting machinery in a manufacturing or industrial setting
- Experience operating a forklift
- Experience operating mobile equipment to include but not limited to unloaders and haul trucks
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.