Key Commodity Manager - Global Services
KOCH ENGINEERED SOLUTIONS (KES) is looking for a Key Commodity Manager for Global Services! Successful candidates will add value to the organization by delivering a global commodity strategy including total cost, OTC, and quality of delivered goods and services that will have a direct impact on business results. The Key Commodity Manager must be able to effectively work with cross-functional groups to develop and create new ideas, systems, and relationships across the organization. This role can be based at any KES location in EMEAI.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Establish sourcing strategy for commodity families, in line with Supply Chain & Product Group Strategies and create partnerships with suppliers representing quality products
- Negotiate with the group and business unit in order to get the best total cost solution in line with the targets of the organization
- Develop sourcing strategies (3 to 5 year vision) related to the commodities/Product Group responsible for and ensuring their implementation
- In co-ordination with Sourcing find, select and approve preferred suppliers in accordance with pre-determined criteria
- Manage the supplier's panel (in coordination with Sourcing, Procurement, Supplier Relationship Management, Quality and Expediting)
- Identify global and alternative strategic procurement sources in order to reduce supply costs in co-ordination with Sourcing
- Identify new materials, technology, manufacturing techniques etc. to drive down cost and lead-time
- Ensure compliance with negotiated agreements
- Build cost models for the global commodities and lead cost reduction projects.
- Promote standardization among businesses/units.
- Develop existing suppliers and promote VA/VE programs.
- Ensure smooth relations with suppliers & businesses/units during implementation phase of contracts.
- Ensure links with Engineering and Project Management.
- Develop and own business continuity plans covering supplier's short- or long-term service disruption in co-ordination with Supplier Relationship Management.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Proven experience in strategic sourcing (national and international).
- Experience with commercial negotiation.
- Managerial/Leadership experience.
- Experience in identification and leading continuous improvement projects.
- Able to travel internationally 50% of the time on a global basis.
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate at all levels, audiences and cultures.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Supply Chain or equivalent.
- Knowledge of other languages.
- International experience of contract management of third party service providers; including mechanical and electrical installation, civils and engineering service providers.