Manufacturing Solution Architect
Molex is seeking a dynamic, forward-thinking Opcenter (MES) Solution Architect to aid in the innovation and creation of Molex’s Digital Transformation strategy. You would be a key contributor in our leadership team that works with businesses and technology owners to define strategy and design for Molex’s next generation manufacturing solution architecture. The Solution Architect will also work closely with business and project resources to define and oversee the global and local manufacturing solutions. Seeking to facilitate the proper design and implementation of Opcenter software, from computer coding to innovative design, which will create a seamless software experience for internal Molex stakeholders.
This role is open to remote/work from home candidates.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Vision and strategy to evaluates current system functionality and manufacturing capabilities to identify and recommend improvements an Opcenter solution would bring to enable manufacturing performance, effectiveness, and maintainability.
- Direct technical teams through design, develop and deploy an Opcenter solutions.
- Provide mentoring to local and global technology team members.
- Works as a team member within other IT departments to identify opportunities in support of our next generation manufacturing solution architecture.
- Create and govern Opcenter technical specifications, best practices and change management processes.
- Writes documentation that communicates solution benefits to leadership and businesses.
- Establishing trainings and development programs/processes to enhance team’s competencies, capabilities and skills in Opcenter
- Follow established methodologies during program development and ensures programs adhere to the standards and procedures established by the IT department. Works with IT personnel to overcome obstacles.
- Notifies management and system analysts when requirements cannot be met and may make recommendations for modifications and improvements.
- Performs comprehensive functionality tests of new design to verify desired results are achieved.
- Work with vendor to leverage best in class solutions and talent.
- Communicates to management and business analysts direction, status, and problems with work assignments.
- Understand, support and contribute to current Molex Total Quality Management (TQM), Six Sigma, International Standards Organization (ISO) and Environmental, and/or Health and Safety (EH&S) Management Systems by following stated policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- 3+ years’ experience in Siemens Camstar/Opcenter solution design and full deployment
- 5+ years of development in Siemens Camstar/Opcenter technologies (Portal\Designer\CIO\MIO)