E & I Journeyman - Electrical
Georgia-Pacific Containerboard in Toledo, OR facility is a containerboard mill that was built in 1957 as the company’s first pulp and paper mill. The facility has approximately 400 employees and manufactures both linerboard and corrugated medium on three paper machines, using both virgin and recycled fiber. The mill and its employees are committed to sustainability for the benefit of the environment, society and our business. To learn more about our Packaging Division, visit www.gppackaging.com.
Our Georgia-Pacific location in Toledo, OR is looking for our next E & I Journeyman team member. Journeyman E&I wages for this role are $38.76 an hour with a generous benefits package. This position works an eight (8) or twelve (12) hour shift, holidays, weekends, overtime and on call hours as needed. Benefits include competitive medical/dental/vision insurance with FSA or HSA, short-term disability, 401k with employer match, paid time off, a Monday through Friday schedule with overtime opportunities, paid continuing education, education reimbursement opportunities, and no travel required.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Problem solving, troubleshooting, installing, repairing and maintaining facility electrical distribution and manufacturing process equipment
- Monitoring and providing feedback on equipment conditions and potential failure risks
- Troubleshooting AC/DC drives
- Making modifications to existing conduit and wiring
- Maintaining strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment
- You’ll be required to work at heights and in confined spaces
The Experience You Will Bring
- An Oregon Limited Journeyman Manufacturing Plant (PJ) license *Due to Reciprocity, licensing also includes: Arkansas, Idaho, Maine, Montana, Utah, and Wyoming*
- Two (2) years or more instrumentation experience in an industrial or military environment
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with PLC’s, ABB or Allen Bradley drives, AC/DC motors, drives and medium voltage switchgears
- Experience with a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS)
- Experience reading single line schematics
- Experience troubleshooting, repairing, overhauling, and maintaining electrical/mechanical equipment and air conditioning systems
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf