Location - Remote, home-based in the US
OnPoint Digital Solutions is looking for a Sales Manager to join our team. As a Sales Manager, you will be the primary owner of all sales and business development activities for world-wide steel accounts for our OnPoint product portfolio. You will lead new business development and client account management to rapidly grow OnPoint’s presence in steel. The role is responsible for implementing a strategic sales plan aimed at generating new business and for building strong, value-based relationships with customer decision makers at the VP- and C-levels within steel companies and distribution partners. The Sales Manager will work across the OnPoint organization - partnering with our Delivery, Customer Success and Technical Sales teams on product adoption and account growth, while engaging with Business Development, Engineering, Product Management, and the Advanced Technology teams to ensure our steel customers realize operating improvements.
OnPoint offers multiple solutions for the steel industry. Our Cortex data analytics platform provides data driven solutions to solve operational challenges and optimize operations. Our ZoloSCAN system is a unique laser-based, off-gas analysis system for high temperature industrial combustion processes to provide real time information to optimize energy usage and lower overall greenhouse gas emissions. OnPoint has experienced success in the steel industry by employing ZoloSCAN in reheat furnaces, Electric Arc Furnaces, and Basic Oxygen Steelmaking vessels.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead and execute on account acquisition and development
- Prospect new and current accounts to build a robust pipeline, ensuring successful achievement of quarterly bookings and revenue targets
- Manage a complex sales cycle while orchestrating cross-functional internal teams
- Develop a deep understanding of the marketplace and value drivers to identify potential opportunities, and provide feedback and prioritization on enhancements to current technology and new potential solutions
- Develop product enhancements to create customer value in collaboration with our technical team, particularly as regards use of the digital data our equipment provides
- Identify and develop opportunities to advance OnPoint’s other products and solutions
- Coordinate with marketing for OnPoint’s representation at world wide trade shows
- Engage in steel industry technical meetings and organizations by committee participation, writing technical papers, and networking
- Maintain forecasts and account/opportunity status updates within OnPoint’s Customer Relationship Management Software
- Foster a collaborative working environment internally and externally to expand strategic accounts
- Ensure that account and project activities operate within the policies and procedures of the company and the customer
- Adopt and improve bestselling practices and have a penchant for creativity and innovation to solve problems, respectfully challenging norms to achieve progress
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience working within or supplying products to the steel industry, specifically to furnace operators, engineers and managers
- Experience with direct industrial product sales and account management
- Experience selling new disruptive technology
- Experience selling into VP- and C-suite levels of large organizations
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
What Will Put You Ahead:
- Knowledge of steel furnace operations, including EAF, BOF, Reheat, and AOD
- Experience with steel business operations and use cases for positioning value
- Technical degree such as metallurgy or mechanical engineering
- Existing network of contacts within steel industry and steel producing companies
- Experience understanding how data can drive realization of value for both OnPoint and our clients, i.e. having a “data driven point of view”
- Experience selling or utilizing digital software as a service (SaaS) solutions
- Experience with Salesforce.com CRM software
- Experience with stakeholder/relationship management across multiple parties and departments within and outside of the company
This role is not eligible for VISA sponsorship
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf