Raw Material Scheduler
INVISTA is seeking a Raw Material Scheduler in Wichita, KS.
The Marine Scheduler role is fast-paced, dynamic, and challenging. Successful candidates must be able to adjust priorities quickly in response to frequently changing circumstances, must be accurate and timely in their communications, and must be comfortable in a culture that expects challenge and debate.
This is a collaborative position which requires initiative and strategic thinking. Candidates must be able to identify, develop and drive strategies which optimize our supply chain through analytics, technology, and other tools.
This role involves support of both domestic barging, pipeline scheduling, and some global tanker operations that operate continuously and in multiple time zones.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Coordinate the on-time vessel and barge shipments of bulk chemicals
- Develop mutually beneficial relationships with our preferred marine logistics partners
- Lead the transformation of our marine logistics knowledge systems through the use of analytics and technology
- Coordinate timing of movements with the needs of our Texas plants
- Understand and optimize logistics costs, demurrage, inspection, etc.
- Oversee cargo quality control for marine shipments
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering, Maritime, or other related degree
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours
- Ability to travel up to 10%
What Will Put You Ahead
- 3 + years of professional experience in logistics, transportation or supply chain related role
- Experience scheduling and coordinating marine vessel operations
- Ocean going vessel or inland barge operations and maintenance experience
- Off-shore or inland licensed officer
- Leadership experience
- Liquid cargo and Hazardous material handling experience
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf