Phillips Medisize a Molex Company, is seeking a Cost Accountant to provide support to multiple medical device manufacturing facilities in the region. We have several working offices in Wisconsin (New Richmond, Hudson, Eau Claire, Menomonie, Medford, Phillips) and will strongly consider applicants from the greater Minneapolis/St. Paul area. The immediate focus is heavy in costing and operational analysis and process development/implementation. This role will be specifically responsible for two facilities in Western Wisconsin (Medford and Phillips) and another facility in the Boston, MA area. Travel between these regional sights will be important to provide the requisite level of support. This role will report into the Multi-Site Controller located in Wisconsin and will have Cost Accounting peers at our global facilities.
This is an exciting, high impact role that will participate well beyond the boundaries of a typical accountant. While there is a significant amount of work to do to get our systems and processes to a world class state, your opportunities beyond that, to go beyond your plants and beyond this role are wide open. We’re looking forward to speaking with entrepreneurial candidates about joining our team at Phillips-Medisize.
Phillips Medisize is a global end to end provider of innovation, development and manufacturing solutions. We are a Molex company that is a globally recognized provider of electronic solutions in a wide range of industries, including data communications, consumer electronics, industrial, automotive, commercial vehicle and medical. Molex is a subsidiary of Koch Industries – the largest privately held company in the United States. Check us all out!
What You Will Do In Your Role
Be Creative, Energetic and Humble : This role will engage in some seriously interesting analysis that can and will shape the direction of the business. In order to support strategic analysis and decision making, this role will focus on data integrity in our ERP system to ensure our BOMs/Routings/Work Centers/Rates and resulting Standard Costs are an accurate reflection of reality. The ideal candidate will be humble enough to deeply engage in systems and spreadsheet work, while creative and energetic enough to problem solve at a high level.
Be Ready to be “hands on” and “deep dive” : Focused on Costing and Operations, you will be among our systems experts, working to develop, shape, grow and understand our ERP system and its inputs, processes, and outputs. You will have a great opportunity to own this topic, and truly become a subject matter expert. Expect to utilize or further develop advanced Excel and other ancillary systems skills. Expect to be challenged to find answers and make connections that may not exist today.
Be Collaborative and Nimble : Expect to be collaborating with operations, procurement, human resources, IS, engineering, business development, and finance. You will have the chance to participate and lead cross functional projects and work in areas that don’t fit in traditional finance. We are dynamic and transforming – you will be highly agile, with the ability to shift priorities quickly, think creatively, and deal with ambiguity proactively.
- Responsible for building and maintaining costing information within SAP
- Engage in ongoing cost accounting activities, reporting and analysis
- Participate in annual overhead and labor rate development
- Lead annual (or more frequent) BOM/Routing updates, as well as material cost standard to accurately reflect manufacturing operations and procurement activities
- Provide ongoing analysis specific to margin attainment and variances
- Support plant level teams in identifying sources of variance and aiding in making necessary adjustments to their costing system to better reflect reality, or stretch goals
- Utilize standards to support financial and operational planning and analysis activities – including capacity and labor planning
- Act as SAP costing and reporting expert, supporting the facility and other users to obtain and understand the information provided
- Participate in diverse analysis and project work supporting the organization and various levels including operations, costing, quoting, business development and FP&A
- Partner with estimating function to accurately understand and calculate the cost associated with new business opportunities
What You Will Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related Business field
- Previous experience in a role that required a solid understanding of key costing concepts (i.e. direct costs, material and labor, overhead, fixed and variable costs, inventory, developing BOM and costing standards)
- Data mining and analysis experience; including margin and variance analysis
- Previous experience gathering source data, performing analysis, and presenting a point of view to key stakeholders
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite or Office 365; (Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, SharePoint, PowerApps)
- Intermediate to Advanced level MS Excel skills
What Will Put You Ahead:
- Five years or more of experience in a Cost Accounting or Operations Accounting role
- SAP, Infor or other large ERP; integrated financial system experience
- Experience with business analysis and data visualization tools (Power BI, Tableau, or Alteryx) is a plus
- Manufacturing industry experience and/or Global company experience is plus
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf