Georgia Pacific is looking for a Process Engineer to support the Containerboard business and share their knowledge with our operations team and other engineers. The position will be located in Monticello, MS.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provides technical support and expertise to operating departments in the facility. Typical duties include data analysis, system modeling, process troubleshooting/optimization, trials, laboratory studies, explaining/training operators on process concepts and changes accordingly, presenting optimization findings to management team, etc.
- Provide process engineering support on multiple capital projects, through all phases of the project from conceptual design to commissioning/startup.
- Conducting relevant safety training, leading department safety meetings, performing process hazard analysis, participating in weekend call rotation, etc.
- Occasional travel required as necessary for training and to visit other facilities to share knowledge.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Pulp and Paper, or Process Control Engineering
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Previous experience analyzing data (i.e.- Excel, tableau, minitab etc.)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Two years or more of experience in Process Engineering in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in Pulp & Paper Industry
- Experience training or leading meetings to share knowledge
The Monticello mill, which has been in operation since 1968, has the capability to produce over 1,000,000 tons of containerboard each year.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf