Do you have a long-term vision for your career? Isn’t it time you joined a company that thinks the same as you do? At Koch, 90% of earnings are reinvested in the company so that we can create opportunities and long-term value for our customers, employees, and society. Our culture is defined by the Market-Based Management® philosophy which guides everyday decision making and provides employees with opportunities to contribute and personally benefit from the value they create.
Do you want to join a team who delivers innovative solutions to meet our customer’s changing needs? Being a leader in delivering superior value in the industry as well as environmental excellence and responsibility is the vision for Koch Fertilizer, LLC.
Koch Fertilizer Enid, LLC is seeking a Chemist to join our team in Enid, Oklahoma. This is a mid-level position with opportunity to advance your career. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing analytical support to the Urea, UAN, 2 Ammonia plants, and the new Urea plant; as well as, environmental testing for air and wastewater permit requirements.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Collect and analyze samples from the various production units using lab equipment and established procedures
- Chemical handling as part of an analysis and/or reagent preparation
- Reviewing data for accuracy, entering in data, data evaluation, and data reporting
- Ability to troubleshoot lab equipment problems
- Ability to work in a team-based manufacturing environment and wear PPE as required
- Use computer for basic record-keeping, analysis, and documentation functions
- Strong communication skills and ability to follow written procedures
- Ability to demonstrate basic mathematical skills and make accurate measurement
- Identify needs, prioritize opportunities and self-driven work to achieve organizational and safety related goals
- Assisting the operations and process team in troubleshooting the process before they are a real issue
- Be innovative and come up with creative ideas and proposals that bring us closer to “the plant of the future” also for process and product quality control
Prior to beginning employment, applicants must successfully complete the fit for duty requirements of the job which entails medical approval to participate in the respiratory protection program.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Chemistry or science
- At least one (1) year of laboratory experience
- Availability for call-outs to support a 24/7 operating facility with multiple production plants on an as needed basis
- Experience with the MS Office (including MS Word and Excel)
What Will Put You Ahead
- At least two (2) years of laboratory experience in a chemical or industrial manufacturing environment
- LIMS experience
- Experience working in a food grade facility
THIS POSITION IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR SPONSORHIP
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf