Digital Print Manager
Georgia-Pacific’s Hummingbird division is now hiring for a Digital Print Manager. Hummingbird is a state-of-the-art digital print center. We produce high-quality, large format packaging and pre-printed rolls for the corrugated industry.
The Digital Print Manager will be responsible for performance, development, and coaching of Digital Press Operators. This role will also provide leadership and direction for all print related operations, operator maintenance, and be responsible for safely achieving performance goals in a 24/7 operation.
Check out these videos/links to learn more about the Corrugated Business at Georgia-Pacific:
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead, mentor and develop all pressroom employees utilizing the Koch’s MBM® Guiding Principles to improve capability and performance to create the greatest value
- Drive daily production, quality, and safety expectations
- Allocating personnel as needed for all shifts & responsibilities
- Ensure all media & consumables are properly staged for future shifts
- Assisting with problem solving, troubleshooting, and minimizing downtime
- Ensuring that each job printed on the inkjet web press is properly set up and prepped to produce the product to the established specifications
- Constant computer (PC) interaction to help manage press operations, quality metrics, and routine email communications as needed
- Partner with maintenance team on routine preventative maintenance and troubleshooting
- Participate in routine corporate and team meetings as required
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience operating and/or supervising printing presses
- Previous leadership experience in a manufacturing/industrial OR military environment
- Experience troubleshooting, problem solving, and understanding of root cause analysis techniques
- Ability (or willingness) to become certified and drive both fork trucks & clamp trucks
- Experience using Microsoft Office products: Word (document creation/editing), Excel (sorting data, creating tables and graphs), & Outlook (scheduling tasks, calendar invitations and general professional correspondence)
- Willing and able to work a flexible schedule as needed to accommodate operations
What Will Put You Ahead
- College degree and /or 5 years of print production & management experience
- Prepress & digital print knowledge
- Experience training employees in a print environment
- Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, or other similar Continuous Improvement systems
- Experience providing developmental feedback to employees and holding difficult conversations
- Experience in corrugated packaging, folding carton, printing, point-of-purchase (POP), or display industries
- Knowledge of Reliability and Preventative Maintenance (PM) systems
- Color Management knowledge
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf