OPD is now hiring for a Scheduler to join their Katy, TX team. This position for OPD is to support several projects, consisting of detailed schedule development of assigned work scope, generally involving Engineering, procurement, and Construction of large midstream and downstream oil, gas, and petrochemical facilities.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Interface with contractors to verify work plans
- Develop, monitor, and maintain schedule for “life of construction project, startup and commissioning”
- Present/Lead schedule update meetings with project team
- Resource load/leveling activities within schedule
- Graphic representation of data such as progress curves, earned value, etc.
- Interact with all team members and contractors to assist with scope development, logistics and constraints
- Determine critical path items and communicate to execution team
- Provide schedule updates and analysis in meeting during execution
- Update schedule during execution to include scope changes
- Track manhours/cost for daily reporting
- Coordinate between contractors and management scope changes, engineering needs, etc.
- Use knowledge of best work practices and procedures to develop project execution strategy and identify task constraints
- Actively participate in a strong safety culture.
- Monitors assigned project cost estimates, critical path, schedule performance, expenditures, forecasts, manpower, cash flow and project earned value.
- Generates, reviews and submits system reports to provide Project Managers, Construction Managers, and Owner with the information necessary to effectively understand and manage the project. Supports daily, weekly and monthly project updates.
- Responsible for the development and accuracy of reports. Verifies consistency with previous reports to ensure compatibility and consistency.
- Effectively identify project risk through analysis to drive competitive projects.
- Responsible for collaboration and documents including, but not limited to transmittals, submittals, RFIs, and general site documentation as needed.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Knowledge of Primavera (P6)
- Experience with industrial turnaround/construction work package development
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and demonstrated ability to develop scope of work and schedule
- Familiarity with towers, drums, heat exchangers, valves and piping
What Will Put You Ahead
- Turnaround planning/scheduling experience
- Past experience as a foreman or above
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf