Logistics Team Leader
KBX Logistics is looking for a Logistics Team Leader to support our weekend and support shift team. The work days and hours for this role can be flexible during the week and will be working Saturday & Sunday. Example schedule could look like: Wednesday-Sunday or Saturday-Wednesday. For the right candidate, this position could work remotely.
KBX Logistics is a leader in supply chain logistics, providing its customers with cutting-edge technologies and innovative data analytics solutions for their freight needs. KBX Logistics approaches freight logistics through optimization that enhances service, increases capacity and reduces costs in a safe, sustainable, and efficient way. KBX Logistics is a subsidiary of KBX, a Koch Industries Inc. company. Based in Wichita, Kansas, Koch Industries is one of the largest private companies in America, with estimated annual revenues as high as $115 billion, according to Forbes. For more information on KBX, visit www.kbx.global.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead the Support Shift team with transportation needs and meet requirements for all businesses
- Execute Weekend (Holiday) transportation plan to support business requirements; this includes meeting needs of facilities , i.e., carrier on time service %, load by time, equipment needs, etc.
- Partner with Regional Team Leaders to coach, mentor, and develop talent to efficiently and effectively handle transportation planning for all freight in all Regions
- Supervise and lead Support Shift team members creating relationships that foster a team environment within the team and across regions
- Lead the Support shift responsibilities of FCS, Outbound, Inbound, and Dedicated planning
- Meet key cost and service metrics and work with teammates to set goals
- Execute on strategic projects within the Support Shift
- Work with regional planners, Team Leads and Regional Manager on problem resolution
- Monitor service and take corrective action to minimize or avoid failures
- Work across all areas of the Supply Chain in order to improve efficiencies and relationship
- Coordinate Weekly support shift and weekend staffing schedules
- Coordinate Holiday planning schedules for staffing and load processing
- Monitor and delegate work responsibilities within Support shift days and weekends
The Experience You Will Bring
- Associates’ degree or higher and 2+ years of experience in Transportation/Logistics OR high school diploma and 4+ years of experience in Transportation/Logistics
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications; Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint
- Previous leadership experience or experience leading project teams
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Economics or related field
- Previous supervisory experience
- 1+ years of experience working in a dedicated planning role in Transportation Operations
- Current KBX employee
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf