Principal Hardware Engineer
Molex possesses a rich heritage in the optical industry. We provide the highest performing and field-proven wavelength management solutions from components, modules to integrated line-cards. Continuous innovation in passive component function integration, miniaturization, and manufacturing automation, cutting edge WSS and amplify technology and comprehensive optical, mechanical, electrical and software integration capabilities enable us to serve the needs of high-density, high-bandwidth, and flexible optical networks.
We are looking for a Principal Hardware Engineer that will lead hardware design for high speed fiber optic transceiver from definition, design, bring-up, test up to production readiness. This person will spend time in design, component selection and implementation strategy.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Lead hardware design for high speed fiber optic transceiver from definition, design, and testing for production readiness
- Escalate to management for critical risk management and conflict resolutions
- Interface with key customers to address technical questions, issues and support design win.
Manage the key suppliers to in line with project objectives
Represent engineering team in product development requirements and customers RFI/RFQ response
Ensure the success of hardware development in compliance with product life cycle procedure
Anticipate and resolve problems timely and conduct routine design meeting
Lead engineering team in making risk/trade off decision
Perform as technical authority for design architecture and provide technical guidance for engineering initiatives
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related engineering discipline
- Hardware development experience in Telcom or Datacom industry
- Experience with Fiber optics, transceiver or transport hardware development
- Ability analog circuit design
- In-depth understanding of transmission line, power integrity, signal integrity
- Work experience with Optical components
- Experience with transceivers
What Will Put You Ahead
- Masters Degree in Engineering Discipline
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf