Process/Applications Engineering Specialist
As a world-class manufacturer of innovative process equipment for water treatment and chemicals purification and recovery, Eco-Tec, A Koch Separation Solutions Company, is a trusted source for systems incorporating advanced proprietary ion exchange and other innovative separations technologies for liquids and gases. Eco-Tec, A Koch Separation Solutions Company, is delivering value to its customers by reducing environmental footprint, stabilizing product quality, increasing productivity, and reducing operational costs.
Eco-Tec, a Koch Separation Solutions company, is currently looking for a Process/Application Engineering Specialist in Pickering, Ontario!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead company’s gas processing application (BgPur™/SgPur™)
- Review and update application master design tools and calculation sheets
- Maintain application database and process design manuals
- Provide technical support to team members including review and approval of equipment selection and sizing sheets, sales package (costing sheets and sales proposals) and other project documents
- Actively engage in product development by proposing innovative ideas to maximize value proposition
- Support Sales & Marketing team in project qualification
- Review and evaluate technical information received and develop the design basis
- Carry out process design/optimization, equipment selection and sizing
- Prepare system costing sheets and proposals
- Provide immediate assistance to Technical Service, Sales & Marketing, and Systems Engineering departments as required for process related issues
- Develop engineering drawings, PFD, P&ID, equipment layout, etc.
- Prepare Process Design Packages (PDP) for systems about to sell or sold as required
- Prepare economic evaluations, ROI analyses and competitor comparisons
- Compliance with the Company’s Workplace Health and Safety Rules, Policies and Procedures
- Attend training programs necessary to maintain/upgrade skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, self-directed to prioritize and plan projects to achieve on-time completion, results, and detail oriented
- Demonstrates tact, diplomacy, flexibility and possesses excellent interpersonal skills
- Must possess excellent reasoning/technical ability; analyze problems, identify alternate solutions, select, and implement the best alternative and effectively communicate the logic behind the decision to others
- Must be able to work effectively with other staff, fostering teamwork and cooperation throughout the company
- Perform other related duties as required by manager.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering
- 5+ years of process/application engineering experience
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint)
- Willing to Travel as needed
What Will Put You Ahead
- Master’s degree in Chemical Engineering focusing gas processing
- 3+ years of experience in gas processing equipment and process design
- Professional Engineer designation