Sr. Hardware Design Engineer - Optical Solutions
Molex possesses a rich heritage in the optical industry. We provide the highest performing and field-proven wavelength management solutions from components, modules to integrated line-cards. Continuous innovation in passive component function integration, miniaturization, and manufacturing automation, cutting edge WSS and amplify technology and comprehensive optical, mechanical, electrical and software integration capabilities enable us to serve the needs of high-density, high-bandwidth, and flexible optical networks.
We are looking for a Senior Hardware Design Engineer that will lead hardware design for high speed optic transceivers.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead hardware design for high speed fiber optic transceiver from definition, design, and testing for production readiness
- Responsible for hardware design of high speed optical transceiver with different form factors, i.e. SFP56, QSFP, QSFPDD, OSFP, from conception to manufacturing
- Provide design guidance for PCB layout
- Evaluate and make selection on optical and electrical key components
- Act as hardware key designer in coordinating and cooperating with multi-site engineers to plan and execute transceiver hardware development
- Perform optical transceiver bring-up including tuning and testing, failure analysis and characterization
- Support all the NPI activities to ensure successful product transfer
- Complete technical documents, including design specification, schematic, test report, BOM, work instruction etc
- Support sales and marketing group to have design win
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Physics or related technical discipline
- Experience with hardware design in Telecom or Datacom products
- Hardware design using SCH, PCB or RF Simulation CAD tools
- Understand of circuit theory/ linear system theory
- Experience with test equipment such as: oscilloscopes, network analyzers, BERT, DCA
- Knowledgeable in transmission line, power integrity, signal integrity and EMI/ESD
- Understanding of communication protocols
What Will Put You Ahead
- Hardware design experience in 100G or above fiber optic transceiver
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf