Lead SAS Administrator
Georgia-Pacific (GP) is among the world's leading manufacturers of bath tissue, paper towels, napkins, tableware, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, nonwoven fabrics, building products and related chemicals. Our building products business makes DensGlass® gypsum board often seen in commercial construction, DryPly® plywood and RESI-MIX® wood adhesives, among others. Our containerboard and packaging business offers high-end graphic packaging to bulk bins as well as Golden Isles fluff pulp. You may also recognize consumer brands like Angel Soft®, Brawny®, and Dixie® on retail shelves and enMotion® towels, Compact® bath tissue and SmartStock® cutlery dispensers when you are away from home. Our GP Harmon business is one of the world's largest recyclers of paper, metal and plastics. As a Koch Company, we create long-term value using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible, and economically sound. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA., we employ approximately 35,000 people. For more information, visit www.gp.com.
LOCATION: ATLANTA, GA
We are seeking a highly motivated, forward thinking Lead SAS Administrator to support the enterprise Collaboration and Support Center Manufacturing excellence group and the GP Decision Analytics Group. The role supports SAS platform used for developing custom machine learning based Analytics and AI solutions used across 150+ facilities within multiple divisions. GP CSC and the Decision Analytics Group functions as a Center of Excellence for all things related to manufacturing and commercial transformation for all of Georgia Pacific. This groups create sustainable value and competitive advantage by leveraging analytics, information, technology, and actionable insights across the enterprise while focusing on futuristic possibilities of analytics. This role will have the opportunity to leverage the latest Big Data, Cloud and Analytics technologies and partner with our operations, engineering and data science community to expand our modeling and decision-making capabilities focused on asset health, asset optimization and process optimization.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Responsible for overall availability and health of SAS environment, performing system monitoring, log analysis, performance analysis, performance tuning, capacity planning and troubleshooting any system related issues
- Administer SAS platform by controlling security, accessibility, connections to data sources
- Serves as an escalation point for production and/or platform issues and acts as lead liaison with SAS Technical Support to resolve outstanding issues within the SAS environment
- Collaborate with SAS Technical Support to implement patches, upgrades or configuration changes
- Collaborate with storage, server, LDAP, database and other IT administrators to support ongoing operations for meeting the business needs via the SAS environment
- Serve as the Single Point of Contact for promotion activities. Promote to Production/Deployment Services (e.g., standards, code reviews, etc.)
- Proactively communicate directly with business representatives to extract requirements and review work in progress
- Work with cross functional data scientist teams to create, implement, and deploy business solutions as needed
- SAS Solutions Architecture: Develop and own the architecture with inputs from various GP groups.
- Continue to develop deep technical knowledge of SAS products and integrations with other tools in AI space
- Mentor and train junior developers as backup SAS admin
- On occasion work with on call on resolving critical issues over the weekend or afterhours
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least 7 years hands on experience with SAS Viya
- At least 5 years’ experience administrating applications on Linux Servers
- Experience using SAS Management Console (SMC) and SAS Environment Manager
- Creating Users
- Groups and Roles
- Data Concepts (ETL, near-/real-time streaming, data structures, metadata and workflow management)
- Programming / Scripting (Python, Shell)
- Experience in SQL programming and advanced data analysis skills
- Self-starter that can work under general direction in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with SAS Automation
- Code Management Tools (Git/GitHub, TFS)
- Knowledge of Data Analytics in AWS platform
- Experience in manufacturing domain a plus
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum/Kanban/DevOps methodologies and software development principles
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf