We currently have a new vacancy for a Design Draughtsperson in our Power projects team. John Zink Hamworthy Combustion (JZHC) is a global leader in emissions-control and clean-air combustion systems. We back every product with decades of proven performance, unrivalled research and development capabilities, and expert service and support. Our expertise includes: burners, flares, flue gas treatment, gas recovery, thermal oxidizers, vapor control, heat transfer, combustion monitoring and turnkey services.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Generation of piping & instrumentation diagrams, process flow diagrams, plant layouts and other high level documents based on information provided by Projects team.
- Generate mechanical GA drawings (primarily piping and fabrication) in line with company, client, regional and international standards as required by the project.
- Where information may be lacking, site survey work WILL be required to gather all information to ensure equipment is in line with customer expectations.
- Participate in internal design review processes to validate that the drawings are compliant to all of the required standards.
- Upon satisfactory design review, proceed with the detail design work, resulting in final fabrication of drawings for issue for global manufacture.
- Where required, drawing updates and final site survey, and generation of ‘as built’ documentation may be required to maintain up to date records.
The Experience You Will Bring
- BTEC/HNC in Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- Fully conversant with Autodesk Products.
- Experience working in an engineering drafting environment with piping and/or fabrication experience.
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn and share best practice.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Member of the Institute of Quality Management, certificate of visual welding inspection level 2, NDT certification.
- Experience with on-site survey work.
- Experience with mechanical design in a petrochemical environment.
- Awareness of manufacturing, welding and quality control processes and their impacts on design.