Business Development Manager
This job posting is no longer active.
Molex is looking for a Business Development Manager to join the Molex Printed Circuit Solutions (PCS) business unit. This person will be responsible for cultivating relationships with existing and new customers in the eastern US for custom user interface products including membrane switches, capacitive touch products and indication assemblies. These are highly customized products with development timelines between 6 months to 2 years depending on complexity of design.
This role is more than just driving business and ensuring the upmost client care. This person should have the aptitude or experience to learn the technical elements of this products and really become a SME for clients and partners. The Business Development Manager will oversee the customer relationship, along with Molex Sales and Distribution, ensuring that project timelines are communicated and ongoing updates are provided. This Business Development Leader will get to work closely with internal teams(engineering, operations, supply chain) to ensure needs are met with project deliverables and this leader stays engaged throughout.
This will be a remote role that will require travel (about 40%) to East Regional clients (Indiana east up to Maine and down to Florida).The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, driven and capable of working with technical teams, external clients driving high-tech products in a competitive technology field. The primary focus of the Business Development Manager will oversee a geographic territory encompassing new and existing business and focus on increasing market share and revenue.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Manage all related strategic business development and management activities within assigned territory.
- Develop and implement strategic business plans to achieve revenue, share, and profit goals for assigned territory.
- Prepare reports and tracking documents relative to meeting performance goals, forecasting business levels.
- Build strong relationships with Molex sales team and external customers to support new and existing products.
- Identify, evaluate and filter opportunities to maintain a pipeline of opportunities.
- Convert pipeline opportunities and manage programs from prototype through production release.
- Keep the business unit informed of trends, opportunities, and needs within assigned territory and relevant markets.
- Travel to sales locations, customers and other areas is required.
- Preparation of customer quotes and proposals for custom products
- Conduct sales and distribution training and customer presentations.
- Conduct research to analyze competitive position, market trends, and technological needs of territory as needed.
- Identify new product/technology opportunities and support/sponsor the development of these new products at the entities.
- Maintain a high level of product, industry and market knowledge.
- Coordinate with other areas of the organization to provide technical, operational, and service support as needed.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience working in a technical, electronic or High-Tech industry
- Understand product development process including: technical marketing, technical support, and on-sight customer design
- Proven experience developing new relationships
- Experience managing client relationships
- Experience managing multiple relationships/product/projects
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor in Business, Technical, Engineering or related degree
- 7+ years sales experience in related products
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.