Mechanical Design Engineer
Design and Develop products according to product requirements, following the Phillips-Medisize Design Development Process (DDP) or customer-based Development Processes and applicable standards such as ISO 13485 with design controls, ISO 14971 and appropriate ASME standards.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Work within the DDP and a cross functional team to design products for and with our customers:
- Learn and understand the Design Development Process and tools and the interdependencies of the different functional areas.
- Operate primary CAD systems such as SolidWorks or Creo
- Generate product designs that meet product requirements
- Identify and analyze design risks using tools such as tolerance analysis, static or dynamic simulation or hand calculations.
- Develop appropriate design risk mitigations and test strategies
- Work with production facilities to understand and incorporate production intent design for manufacturing (component level) and design for assembly (assembly level) into the design.
- Develop appropriate assembly and test fixtures to aide in the manufacture and testing of the design,
- Integrate the electronic elements into the product design
- Develop appropriate drawings to detail product and assembly specifications in a manner compliant with ASME or other design standards
- Maintain a design journal that identifies product risk and tracks design changes throughout the Design Development Process.
- Generate Database Approval Forms and Engineering Change Orders to document design changes and customer approval.
- Identify and assess Design Risk via a dFMEA
- As needed, organize and lead internal and external technical meetings and publish notes.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Design or Engineering
- Minimum 3 years of experience in plastic injection molding and product development
- Design experience with medical devices or similar products
- Design for Manufacturability experience focusing on plastic injection molding and plastic assembly methods (snaps, sonic welding, press fit, sealing, etc)
- Experience performing tolerance analysis and structural analysis
- Familiar with ISO 13485 and ISO 14971
- Ability to travel up to 10% to other Phillips-Medisize locations
This role is not eligible for VISA sponsorship
In order to comply with U.S. export control laws and regulations, this position requires applicants to either provide proof of U.S. citizenship or lawful permanent resident status or be eligible to receive an export authorization (a license) under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf