International Logistics Specialist
The Georgia Pacific Marine Logistics team is looking for an International Logistics Specialist to join their team in Jericho, NY or Atlanta, GA. This is an opportunity for self-motivated applicants that want to grow and develop skills within the international ocean. You will have ownership in the successful shipment of Georgia Pacific products around the world, by understanding business requirements, planning shipments, securing bookings, creating and reviewing documents and executing shipments in compliance with all regulations.
A successful candidate will have the following:
- Excellent communications skills with ability to work in dynamic, fast paced team environment, with substantial email traffic
- Strong problem solving abilities and very detail oriented
- Organized with a very strong sense of urgency, customer focus and initiative
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to devise new or improved methods to get the job done
- Ability to work well as part of a team
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provide customer service support to internal and external customers
- Assume responsibility for elevating carrier service issues/failures as needed to ensure adequate, timely resolution
- Work together with vendors (forwarders, ocean carriers, truckers) to expedite transportation and/or documentation requirements
- Manage freight forwarders and provide direction pertaining to ocean carrier allocations
- Communicate challenges and options to Customer Service, Sales, Production Planning and/or Shipping as needed (ex. equipment shortages, vessel overbooking, etc.)
- Provide honest and relevant feedback to services providers to address performance issues and generate corrective actions
- Develop knowledge of customer ordering patterns, preferences and constraints in order to anticipate their needs
- Provide ocean freight analytics that support profitable decision making
- Become the expert and owner of export point of view for region supported
- Communicate regional point of view to keep necessary parties informed and aware of market conditions
- Provide Customer Service and/or Sales with visibility to key ocean freight metrics (options, costs, free time, transit times, etc) in a timely manner
- Maintain up-to-date pricing in order management system and rate spreadsheets.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's degree OR high school diploma with 3+ years experience working in transportation, supply chain or logistics
- Microsoft Excel experience (able to work with pivot tables, Excel functions and graphs)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience working with an ocean carrier, a freight forwarder or an exporter
- Experience working in an analytical related position
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf