Phillips-Medisize, a Molex Company, is seeking a Materials Manager to maintain overall customer satisfaction by overseeing operations of planning, scheduling, purchasing, materials sourcing, inventory control and warehouse functions. Develop and improve logistical systems to accommodate our current customer needs; future customer requirements working with forecast information, capacity plans, etc. Success will be measured by inventory turns, premium freight, on-time delivery, and customer satisfaction via communication processes.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provide direction and leadership to Materials department including people management as follows: managing performance; addressing disciplinary issues; hiring; assisting people with career development; communicating information to direct reports, passing information up the management chain and fostering open communication; ensuring team is aligned with and accomplishing goals/objectives; administrative processing; and, maintaining trust and confidentiality while fostering a team environment
- Coordinate warehouse, shipping and receiving activities in order to ensure customer requirements and shipping demands are met
- Maintain accurate finished goods, Work-In-Progress and raw material inventories. Work with purchasing and accounting departments to monitor ongoing cycle counting program. Coordinate annual physical inventory
- Work with engineering and manufacturing to ensure timely communication of pilot builds and new program launches
- The Materials Manager will have full ownership of, and accountability for all purchasing, planning and inventory control activities and metrics as well as on-time delivery to our customers. The Materials Manager will report to the Plant Manager.
- Prepare instructions regarding purchasing, planning and inventory control systems and procedures as well as continuous improvement plans.
- Evaluate vendor quotations utilizing appropriate negotiation and purchasing techniques to ensure optimum quality, price, delivery and service
- Design, implement, manage and monitor procurement, planning and inventory control reporting systems to meet plant requirements
- Assist in supply chain cost reduction initiatives
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Production Management, Supply Chain, APICS certifications or related field (concentrating on scheduling, materials management, customer service). Or equivalent mix of education and experience, with no degree
- 3+ years of supervisory and related field experience in materials management within a manufacturing environment
- Strong knowledge of ERP/MRP/SAP systems
What Will Put You Ahead
- Leadership skills including ability to maintain confidentiality
- Decision making and prioritization skills
- Strong planning and organizing skills