At Molex, the primary purpose for this role is to research and interpret customer and international regulatory organization reliability specifications and translate them into design and testing requirements in the test management system. You will also maintain test lab procedure documentation in the document management system and collaborate with product design and test engineering to create new and revise existing documents as required by the division’s product roadmap.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review and interpret new specifications and revisions of existing specifications. Understand in detail all requirements for samples, workflows, and test equipment.
- Lead formal reviews of specifications with the team, i.e., product engineering and test engineering.
- Review requested specification changes for consistency with customer requirements and existing test procedures. Track all changes and compile into formal documentation for review with engineering and customers.
- Create templates and abstracts for all new and revised test specifications in the test management system.
- Work with the team to revise documentation for test method procedural documents. Track changes, hold review meetings with the team to revise documentation accordingly.
- Recommend new and innovative means to meet department documentation goals that simplify compliance, reduce complexity, support additional communication, and improve overall quality and timing.
- Continually observe the overall process to quickly identify areas of potential error or waste.
- Recommends changes and updates to test management software functionality to facilitate ease of use by end users.
- Associate degree in a technical field or 2+ years of relevant experience i.e., Technical Writing, English, Journalism
- 2 years’ experience in editing and preparing technical documents
Preferred Work Experience:
- Proven project management skills to manage and complete several large projects simultaneously which require support from several different sources.
- Experience with automotive technical specifications such as USCAR or other OEM specifications.
- Demonstrated ability to express complex technical concepts clearly and concisely.
- Good analytical and creative ability to convey complex information in appropriate and effective ways.
- Good understanding of publication practices (e.g., mediums, layout, design, etc.)
- Good interpersonal skills to work effectively with internal and external customers.
- Excellent Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) skills.