Manufacturing Integration Engineer
Manufacturing Integration Engineer – TSBU
As we build our Guadalajara Mexico Transportation Solutions Business Unit staff, we are looking for talented candidates for the (MIE) Manufacturing Integration Engineer group.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide coordination and leadership for the technical resources, assuring they hear what is needed and have a voice back to the product development team, engineering and the customer.
- Partner with procurement, quality, and product engineering to strengthen the technical success opportunities.
- Be an advocate for both the design and manufacturing groups. Facilitate strong compromise and success for all.
- Responsible for leading the technical team through feasibilities and building the manufacturing quote summary based on inputs from the technical teams.
- Requires some global travel to codevelop product designs and discover process improvement opportunities.
- Prepare phase reviews and be the face and voice of the technical team members by presenting to the management team.
- Lead the technical resources in investigations, discovery and solving of technical problems.
- Perform other related duties as needed
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree / Undergraduate degree or related years in work experience
- Tool machining or exposure to fabrication is a plus
- 2 years or more experience with process trouble shooting, continuous improvement and a working knowledge of quality tools
- Strong integrity and virtues with the strength to face difficult situations with transparency and a sense of urgency
- Energized to help solve problems through providing your technical teams with the necessary information and lead them through the process for a long-term solution.
- Effective interpersonal skills at all levels of the organization
- Good decision-making ability even if not the expert. Use fact-based information to drive these decisions.
- Help drive change and be accepting of change with an entrepreneurial mentality
- Strong communication and presence
WORK EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
SKILLS & ABILITIES: