Senior Test Engineer - Grow Here!
This job posting is no longer active.
Sentient Energy is looking for a Senior Test Engineer that is interested in joining an extremely passionate and talented team to take on the challenge of making the power grid safer, more reliable and more efficient. The ideal candidate is a self-starter and dynamic individual who demands the highest level of product quality. He/she has a track record of being execution oriented, and willing to take on any challenges necessary to get the job done. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to experience a variety of roles in a fast-paced environment. The position includes circuit design, fixture design and serving as the hardware interface to our contract manufacturers for the Manufacturing Test Team.
This position has the option to be located in Frisco, TX or Santa Clara, CA.
What We Offer:
- $10k Sign-On Bonus
- Relocation Package
- Competitive benefits with 401k match
- Individualized compensation and career development
- On the job training
- Advancement opportunities
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Work closely with Hardware Engineering to create test plans and fixtures for new products, as well as address test issues/gaps in existing products
- Develop strategies to improve test throughput, robustness and to lower the cost/time needed to develop fixtures and processes for new product releases
- Review and make necessary modifications to ensure safety on the production line
- Set up and maintain test networks and test databases used in production by Contract Manufacturing
- Design, implement, and enhance test frameworks/cases written in C/C++, C#/.Net, Python and scripting languages for automated testing
- Install and maintain production test fixtures for our line sensor products, computer boards, sensor components and power supplies for use at our component vendors and contract manufacturers
- Provide ongoing manufacturing test support, product debug, resolution of technical issues, and documentation
- Develop test software for RMA and special rework projects
The Experience You Will Bring
- BS in Electrical or Electronic Engineering OR Equivalent Bachelor’s degree plus 10+ Years of experience in hardware test development and design used in manufacturing
- 3-5 Years Python and/or shell scripting experience
- Experience automating test equipment interfaces
- Bench test/lab experience - Oscilloscopes, power supplies, Function Generators, programmers, debug tools, etc.
- Experience designing, building and supporting board test as well as system test platforms
- Strong grasp of fundamental hardware test techniques and troubleshooting with ability to debug both analog and digital circuits to the component level
- Experience in Windows and/or Linux OS environments along with their supported utilities
- Understands environment and requirements in volume manufacturing
- Electronic circuit knowledge: digital, analog, power and high voltage operation
What Will Put You Ahead
- 2 years programming experience in C/C++ (C#/.Net and Java also considered), using popular IDEs
- Experience with object-oriented, multi-tasking, and multi-threaded programming techniques
- Knowledge of design and development of PCB schematics and layout
- Supervise PCB layout for manufacturing test fixtures with OrCAD or similar schematic tool experience
- Experience desired with manufacturing robotics automation
- Experience desired with electrical and pneumatic systems - Basic understanding of UL61010-1 Standard, NFPA 79, National Electric Code and OSHA NRTL certification
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.