Our Naheola Mill is seeking qualified applicants for the role of site Automation Technician supporting the operation of automated guided vehicles. This position will be a part of a dynamic work team and will report directly to the Naheola Mill Logistics/Distribution Operations Manager. The Automation Technician will work extended hours, holidays, and weekends as necessary.
Georgia-Pacific’s Naheola Mill, located in Pennington, Alabama, is a manufacturing site for the company’s well-known consumer products business. More than 900 employees produce products for the consumer business, including Angel Soft® bath tissue, Sparkle® paper towels, as well as bleached paperboard used in Dixie® paper cups and plates.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Uptime of GP Naheola Mill’s Automated Guided Vehicle (AGV) fleet
- Perform regularly scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on AGVs
- Collaborate with various manufacturing facilities’ operator and automation technicians in issue resolution as well as to gather and share feedback
- Perform supplemental training for site operation technicians
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks in alignment with AGV asset strategies
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair mechanical issues including but not limited to hydraulics, drive components, frame, gears, chains, sprockets, and wheels
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair electrical issues including but not limited to PLCs, HMIs, wiring, relays, servos, lithium batteries, safety devices, sensors, and other electrical components
- Use computers to diagnose complex issues online with PLC, download programs to individual components, update component firmware, interface with AGV warehouse management system, order parts, manage work orders, and various other tasks assigned by leadership
- Provide safe troubleshooting and handling of disabled AGV’s, towing them to maintenance shop when necessary
- Perform cutting, fitting, and welding on AGVs
- Learn skills required to maintain and operate AGV’s
- Able to travel to other sites as needed
The Experience You Will Bring
- Technical certification in Maintenance, Electronics, and/or Mechatronics OR three (3) or more years of field experience in maintenance, electronics or mechatronics
- Experience in manufacturing operations and equipment maintenance or manufacturing engineering
- Working knowledge of electrical motors, PLC operation, bearings, belts, drives, etc.
- Knowledge of Root Cause Analysis techniques
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associate Degree in mechanical, electrical, or other engineering disciplines
- Experience troubleshooting and programming PLC’s, HMI’s, and independent electronic components
- Experience with electrical safe work practices – NFPA 70-E Electrical Safety Standard
- Two (2) or more years of work experience in the maintenance and upkeep of (AGV’s)
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf