Data Governance Business Analyst
The Data Governance Business Analyst (BA) works closely with business and IT teams to identify and help implement sound controls and processes to enable data to be seen and utilized as an asset. The BA will work with various businesses to understand processes and help determine requirements, priorities, develop data quality business rules and key performance indicators (KPI) to ensure ongoing and consistent data management.
The BA will lead and manage the requirements development process from an end-to-end perspective and support the ongoing management of the requirements in detail. The resource will understand and document the IT systems, identify key requirements, and validate systems to ensure they meet the needs of our customers. Additionally, they will be expected to demonstrate a rational and organized approach to completing projects, documenting progress, and providing updates to key stakeholders. The BA will act a liaison between business and IT teams to deliver the DG solutions.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level, working with cross-functional teams, on-shore/off-shore, development/QA teams/Vendors in a matrix-ed environment.
- Basic Knowledge on BI, Reporting and Analytics concepts
- Ability to lead cross functional meetings assist in developing content
- Working closely with users to collect and document business requirements for Data Governance (DG) and Data Quality (DQ) needs
- Documenting requirements as user stories that communicate the expectations of the business to the project team, developers, and/or vendors
- Ability to quickly understand new business data and processes to detect areas of improvement for DG/DQ
- Ability to review and analyze disparate data sets
- Designing creative process prototypes that meet both DG/DQ needs as well as those of the business
- Develop policies and procedures as well as training and job aids to ensure user uptake in change
- Working with the business to develop training plans and training materials as well as policy and procedures that will be used in the training of end users for new processes
- Participates in workstream planning process including inception, activity roadmaps, and implementation
- May perform analysis for a wide range of requests using data in different formats and from various platforms.
- Ability to contribute both independently and as part of a team
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the business processes and systems
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least 3 years BA or equivalent experience with process change and multi-team focus
- Experience working with Agile teams
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 Suite (Word/Excel, etc.)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in computer science, management information systems, or other relevant major
- Working knowledge of SQL, R, Python or other query/analytic language
- Knowledge in Finance, manufacturing, and supply chain
- Knowledge in BI and DQ reporting are a plus
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf