Operations Manager – Camas, WA
Georgia-Pacific’s Consumer Product Division is recruiting for an Operations Manager at our consumer products manufacturing operation located in Camas, WA. This position will be part of the mill leadership team and report directly to the VP, Camas Operations. Scope of responsibility includes one paper machine, five converting lines, and all other associated equipment.
The Camas Mill is located along the Columbia River in the heart of historic Camas, Washington across from Portland, Oregon and in the shadow of Mt. Hood. Employees at the Camas Mill enjoy the benefits of big city living without all the fuss of the big city. The mill is the proud producer of the enMotion paper towels found in the automated touchless dispensers. Georgia-Pacific recently announced that the company is investing $15 million dollars in capital improvements to make the paper towel line more competitive and the plant more environmentally sustainable.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills; the ability to stay current in best practices and be a continuous learner; the ability to implement effective systems (work processes, performance management, capability development/knowledge transfer); the ability to challenge the status quo to facilitate continuous improvement; the ability to collaborate across roles, gather and share feedback; business and financial acumen; the willingness to take full responsibility for personal safety and the safety of fellow team members; analytical problem solving; and previous experience in a non-traditional work system.
Georgia-Pacific employees have the opportunity to influence the long-term success of the plant, both in improving the efficiency of production and in helping to build a culture of Market-Based Management. This is a role with potential for advancement both within the plant and across the company. Come join our team!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead and foster a safety culture that values risk identification and personal ownership, through a principle based approach
- Lead and mentor employees to apply MBM® (Market Based Management), consistent with our Guiding Principles
- Ensure organizational structure, succession plans and individual roles, responsibilities and expectations are aligned with mill and organizational tactical and strategic goals and maximize value for the company
- Optimize the product stream
- Responsible for asset performance to meet facility goals
- Hold team and individuals accountable for operating and reliability strategies
- Help transfer knowledge to team members and enable them to succeed
- Participate in process for team selection, development, and performance management/improvement
- Develop framework and systems to allow the team to succeed
The Experience You Will Bring
- Five (5) years of experience leading a manufacturing process.
- Five (5) years of supervisory experience leading a team of direct reports.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Previous experience within a continuous process production environment
- Pulp and Paper experience
- Experience leading a towel or tissue product stream with one or more paper machines and a converting operation
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf