Mechanical Integrity Engineer
Mechanical Integrity Engineer – Clatskanie, OR
Georgia-Pacific’s Consumer Products Group is seeking qualified professionals to consider for our Mechanical Integrity Engineer opportunity to support the Wauna Paper manufacturing operation located in Clatskanie, OR. The Mechanical Integrity & Reliability Engineer is responsible for analyzing and continuously improving plant equipment reliability and mechanical integrity to achieve the highest degree of equipment effectiveness at the lowest sustainable cost. This position reports to the site Maintenance Manager.
The Wauna Mill is the proud producer of household products such as Brawny®, Angel Soft®, Sparkle®, and Quilted Northern®. The mill is located in a picturesque and uncrowded setting and is surrounded by the Clatsop Forest. Its central location provides numerous opportunities for both outdoor recreation and citing living. Portland, Oregon is only an hour’s drive away, while the Pacific Ocean can be reached in under thirty minutes. Many outdoor activities are available near the mill including fishing, hiking, mountain biking, kayaking and boating. And for the adventurer, Mt. St. Helens provides climbing opportunities and Mt. Hood and Mt. Rainier are home to several world class ski resorts.
This position is an opportunity to be part of a stable, rapidly expanding organization that offers a tremendous amount of growth potential within the Wauna facility and other Koch Industry companies throughout the United States.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Create and Lead an environment where the team achieves zero incidents in Environmental, Health and Safety; Ensure excellence with the safety systems.
- Lead and mentor employees to apply MBM® in ways that are consistent with our Guiding Principles
- Direct and manage the site mechanical integrity program
- Lead the mechanical integrity CPS program – including reviewing and managing PM frequencies and Chemical/Material compatibility of equipment
- Progress the development of the mechanical integrity program on critical systems
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with three (3) or more years of API inspection experience OR in lieu of a degree, five (5) years or more API inspection experience
- Experience performing inspections procedures, maintenance and reliability, and industry best practices within a manufacturing environment
- Experience working with Mechanical Integrity and OSHA Process Safety Management requirements
- Experience leading projects, coaching, and mentoring others within a manufacturing environment (i.e. demonstrated ability to lead, coach, and transfer knowledge to get results)
- Experience using Microsoft Office Tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- API Inspection Certification (510, 570, 653)
- Experience within within a pulp & paper operation
- Equipment and/or manufacturing systems reliability experience
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf