Marketing Communications Manager-Tradeshows/Events and Communications
Molex is looking for a Marketing Communications Manager-Tradeshows/Events and Communications to oversee the strategy and execution of industry tradeshow and customer events – both physical and virtual. This is a hybrid role assisting with internal communications and strategy alignment when the tradeshow and event calendar is quiet.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Oversee the strategy and execution of industry tradeshow, customer events, and virtual events globally.
- Collaborate with marketing, business unit, and sales teams to align event participation to strategic marketing priorities, identify impactful business goals, and create an event strategy that delivers a tangible return on investment.
- Ensure effective brand representation beyond the exhibit hall through speaking opportunities, sponsorships, advertising, private meetings, and other event tactics.
- Secure venues, plan layouts, and manage vendors to implement tradeshow and event presence.
- Work with vendors and marketing teams to drive the development and customization of specialized collateral, digital experiences, and fixture designs for the event.
- Propose and manage budgets along with negotiating tradeshow, hotel, technology, and event vendor contracts.
- Promote events through marketing channels including social media, email and digital advertising campaigns.
- Attend tradeshows and customer events globally as appropriate to ensure smooth operation.
- Measure and report the success of tradeshow and event KPIs along with their longer-term business impacts to continually improve our return on investment.
- Develop and deploy communication plans for key internal campaigns that support internal clients including the Executive Team, Human Resources, Facilities, Finance, IT and others in launching new strategies, processes, systems and tools to employees.
- Provide strategic counsel to internal stakeholders on how best to communicate information to employees.
- Create internal communications deliverables including presentations, articles, emails, internal newsletters, brochures, townhall meeting collateral, and executive communications.
- Write strong, clear and compelling copy while maintaining consistency of voice, style, punctuation, spelling and grammar.
- Manage company intranet portals including researching, writing, and curating new content.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 3+ years of experience leading or coordinating tradeshows, marketing events or similar marketing programs.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's degree preferred in project management, marketing, communications, or similar.
- Experience managing large scale and high volume B2B customer events and tradeshows.
- Experience managing virtual events and webinars including leading virtual conferencing and webinar tools like On24 and Teams Live Events.
- Ability to clearly identify and measure meaningful business impact and success metrics for tradeshow and event programs.
- Highly organized project management skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent budget management, reporting, and negotiation abilities.
- Ability to perform under pressure from tight timelines and competing priorities.
- Willingness to occasionally work across varied time zones, long hours, and on event weekends and public holidays.
- Flexibility to travel domestically and internationally up to 30%.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf