Georgia Pacific has an opportunity for an HR Generalist to work in partnership with supervisors and employees at Plywood facility in Prosperity, SC. This role will be part of a HR team who supports the Prosperity Plywood and Lumber Complex, primarily working on the plywood site with 250 employees.
This position will be key in moving us along in our HR transformation journey. While learning the business, your contribution will be at a HR Generalist level and as our model transforms, your contribution will shift to a full HR business partner role helping our employees and supervisors create value in our MBM® culture through transformation and self-actualization.
This position will require that you live in the local Prosperity, SC area or be willing to relocate.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Building Our Culture & Business Partnerships
- Build credibility and trust with the workforce and leaders.
- Ability to influence others without authority.
- Understand and apply MBM® to coach employees and supervisors.
- Apply judgement based on knowledge and discernment.
- Develop business acumen to understand key drivers of business performance and support delivering results.
- Drive innovation in HR functions and processes. Support transformation efforts.
- Investigating questions and/or complaints; resolving employee relations issues and using each complaint/issue as an opportunity to understand the true root cause and develop a plan to resolve.
Advancing Our Talent Position
- Partner with various capability teams and staffing agencies to improve our talent position
- Own hourly staffing: forecasting, staffing plan execution, onboarding effectiveness, and maintain electronic employee files
- Support performance management and Supervisor development
Drive Process Excellence
- Identify HR Compliance risks and develop gap closure plans to address risks while implementing a systematic approach to maintaining compliance.
- Optimize risk to the company by effectively interpreting current policies and practices while identifying opportunities to drive standardization and eliminate waste.
- Work with a platform mindset to build processes that are repeatable across plants and allows for remote support.
Deliver on Business Objectives
- Creating solutions that support/enable teams to deliver on business objectives.
- Thrives in a fast pace changing environment while meeting internal and external customer needs.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Ability to engage with operations and leadership team members.
- Self-motivated to embrace/define/drive continuous improvement in how you and the HR team serves the business.
- Results oriented person with excellent communication skills, initiative and personal accountability.
- Ability to challenge leaders, confident and well-versed in moving the facility along with the company's vision.
- Sound judgement and problem solving skills
- Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism and discretion.
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree OR equivalent work experience
- 2 years of either HR experience, Training & Development, or manufacturing supervision experience. Consideration will also be given to participants in the GP HRA Program.
- Experience with supporting business and company changes.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing or industrial environment
- Expertise in HR policies and procedures
- Knowledge of hiring processes
- Understanding of HR best practices and current regulations
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf