For many years, the GP Tacoma facility has a rich history producing gypsum wallboard. Georgia-Pacific’s Building Products business is consistently among the nation’s top suppliers of building products to large warehouse retailers and building materials dealers.
We are currently seeking a Salaried Non-Exempt Relief Supervisor (non-bargaining position) to join our team. The person in this position will cover and fill in for our frontline supervisors. The Relief Supervisor is also expected to use extensive knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience to create and implement a training and change management capability that helps create a more flexible and capable organization.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Collaborating with Safety, Environmental, Maintenance, Operations, Controller, and Quality Leaders to gain the knowledge tools to elevate a team to its full potential
- Embracing and managing change to drive innovation and process improvements
- Applying MBM® to foster a culture where employees are empowered
- Facilitating team and employee development, problem-solving and resolution, building employee commitment and ownership, and holding employees accountable
- Taking accountability of safety quality and efficiency through leadership, individual ownership and accountability, teamwork, and delegation
- Coaching, motivating, and mentoring the team to drive safe and efficient behaviors leading to positive outcomes. Taking corrective action measures as needed
- Using critical & economic thinking, challenge process, and team collaboration to resolve issues and drive innovation, efficiency, and safety excellence.
- Completing paperwork and reports with accuracy to meet deadlines
- Leveraging strong oral and written communication skills to communicate with the facility team, leadership, and corporate associates in Atlanta
- Using organization and planning skills to execute tasks in a timely, purposeful, and orderly fashion
- Using critical thinking, processes, and collaboration to troubleshoot equipment and machinery
- Understanding the needs and demands of the organization as it relates to training. Prioritize and allocate resources to fit these needs
- Identify and understand the scale and magnitude of change impacts on the organization and support implementation and adoption
- Develop and support implementation of a training curriculum to increase capability of professionals to meet expectations and create value
The Experience You Will Bring
- A high school diploma or GED
- A minimum of one (1) year leadership experience; preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Willing and able to work a rotating shift schedule including days, nights, weekends, and holiday work hours. Shift schedule is subject to change during employment based on business needs
- Experience using a computer for record-keeping, documentation, and reporting, including experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a technical or business discipline
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf