Tooling Transformation Project Manager
The OpEx Substrates capability at SRG Global headquarters in Troy, Michigan is searching for an individual who will lead Tooling Transformation. This individual will be responsible for implementing tooling technologies and strategies, improving tooling knowledge frameworks and executing projects, and improving SRG Global’s tooling competitive positioning.
The ideal candidate will possess the skills and knowledge sought below but, of equal importance, he or she will be self-motivated, possess a positive attitude, and be a creative thinker. This is a “hands-on” position that will work across the organization in a competitive atmosphere. Working effectively with and leading cross-functional teams is crucial for success.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Explore novel tooling technologies and industry state of the art to identify business potential and priorities; develop project business cases to determine whether to pursue technical development for existing projects
- Advance partnerships with strategic tooling suppliers and customers to improve the tool development process, identify competitive advantages and disadvantages, determine the tooling value drivers, and reduce cost
- Develop a dynamic framework for tooling based on part requirements that improves quoting competitiveness
- Drive closed loop feedback and a development process to share experimental discovery with Virtual Validation
- Define preventative maintenance strategies to standardize and extend PM cycles for tooling globally; understand tool repair costs and ideate projects to lower costs
- Advance framework for end of arm tools and degating strategy with tooling that leverages volumetric pricing and maximizes flawless launch
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience working with and managing suppliers
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Capable to lead a multidisciplinary team
- Critical economic thinking
- Ability to manage and execute projects
- Capable to work under pressure
- Availability to travel on an as needed basis
- Tool design knowledge and understanding injection molding processes
- Time management and prioritization skills
- Injection molding operations knowledge or experience
- Plastics materials knowledge
- Ability to use CAD systems
- Minimum of experience 5 years.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf