Senior Manager - HR Business Partner
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Senior Manager - HR Business Partner to support the corrugated division. The role will serve as the business partner for the Sheet Feeder, Color-Box® and Hummingbird® and mailers segments of the corrugated division which includes 15 plants and over 1,200 employees. The Senior Manager - HRBP will collaborate with business leaders to bring critical thought leadership and perspective on human resources labor strategy, leadership development, strategic workforce planning/talent management, team and organization effectiveness, and change management. You will be accountable for translating business strategies and challenges into human capital strategies and human resources needs and effectively championing change to advance organizational goals and key strategic initiatives. This role will work with a team of 5-6 direct reports to tackle complex issues in a fast paced, matrixed organization.
We are looking for someone that is eager to evaluate processes and determine where improvements need to be made and create ways to implement change across the organization. You must be able to utilize core skills such as critical thinking, problem solving, communication, influencing and facilitation to implement HR initiatives and effect organizational change.
The selected individual for this position will have flexibility regarding their home location with a preference to be within proximity to a major airport for ease of travel. The position is considered home based.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Build strategic partnerships with leaders on business issues and identify proactive, innovative, and customer-oriented HR solutions that drive value-added business outcomes.
- Guide, coach, and influence business leaders on making talent decisions that align comparative advantage, and drive strategy execution and business performance.
- Lead organizational change initiatives and implement leadership development, talent/performance management, career path and succession planning.
- Build change capability in the business.
- Leverage data driven solutions to support business and advance results.
- Drive innovation in HR functions and processes to include continued automation of transactional work, reduction of non-value added complexity and leveraging shared capabilities across the business.
- Understand and apply our Market Based Management® philosophy to build employee engagement and improve leadership development.
- Lead and participate in cross-functional projects as needed to improve HR processes, policies and systems.
- Optimize risk to the Company by effectively interpreting current policies and practices while identifying opportunities to drive standardization and eliminate waste.
- Foster knowledge sharing culture to profitably improve efficiency and consistency and partner with other HR leaders across GP to share information and best practices.
- Build positive relationships and collaboration with key stakeholders, leveraged capabilities, and peers across the organization.
- Strong individual willingness and capability to implement change with effective results apparent in site, HR, manufacturing or commercial business efforts.
- Supervise, lead and develop an HR team of approximately 6 HR business partners.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Self-directed, organized, and able to handle multiple priorities.
- Capability to innovate and integrate HR practice around critical business issues, and align people, process, and structure to support these innovations
- Competence in connecting people to each other and the business strategy, leveraging technology where appropriate.
- Ability to collaborate in a matrixed environment
- Minimum 6 years of progressive human resource experience.
- Experience and technical competencies of employment law and practices.
- Experience developing and aligning initiatives to accelerate achievement of strategic business objectives
- Experience with data analytics; analyzing data, pulling reports, etc. to execute on opportunities
- Experience supporting site leadership teams as primary business partner
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in a manufacturing/industrial environment.
- HR Leadership experience that includes supervising HR professionals
- Understanding of evolving HR landscape and demonstrated ability to lead organizational change efforts.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf