Freight Consolidation Specialist
KBX Logistics is a leader in supply chain logistics, providing its customers with cutting-edge technologies and innovative data analytics solutions for their freight needs. KBX Logistics approaches freight logistics through optimization that enhances service, increases capacity and reduces costs in a safe, sustainable, and efficient way. KBX Logistics is a subsidiary of KBX, a Koch Industries Inc. company. Based in Wichita, Kansas, Koch Industries is one of the largest private companies in America, with estimated annual revenues as high as $115 billion, according to Forbes. For more information on KBX, visit www.kbx.global.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Utilizing software (Freight Consolidation Optimization) to process customer orders and identify current mode based on cost and service analysis
- Utilizing the available tools to manage cost, service, and capacity through the optimization process and verifying optimization parameters to improve plan effectiveness and customers’ needs
- Setting up and coordinating direct store deliveries (DSD) promotional events
- Work with outside vendors moving vital supplies to customers.
- Building and sustaining positive relationships within the supply chain
- Support outbound planning desks within operations, by helping with LTL related tracking and/or other operational issues
- Back up other FCS desks, as needed
- Work with Outbound and the facility to manage LTL carrier trailer pools and proactively identify gaps to prevent loading issues
- Analyze data to identify trends and determine solutions for improved service and/or cost. Collaborate with teammates and carriers to identify service improvement opportunities
- Apply decision making and problem-solving skills to resolve unplanned events with carrier, such as on time delivery delays and accessorial charges
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience in a Supply Chain, Logistics or Operations related role
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as Word; to write business correspondence, Excel; for use of spreadsheets, reporting, simple formulas and Outlook; for internal and external correspondence
- Ability to work Monday - Friday from 7:30am - 4:00pm
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year college or university, or pursuing a bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year college or university with an anticipated graduation date within one year
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf