Manufacturing Integration Engineer
Molex is seeking a motivated and self-driven Manufacturing Integration Engineer to join our team remotely, in Rochester Hills, MI, or in Lincoln, NE that focuses on plastic assembly/mold processing and will report directly to the Manager, Manufacturing Integration Engineering. This role will be a core member and technical expert/liaison within the assigned new product development team. The successful candidate will have strong communication skills; the ability to multi-task and prioritize; be a solutions-driven individual who is energized to solve problems and actively pursue what is needed; and has an entrepreneurial mentality.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provide New Product Development team with a specialized technical lead
- Serve as the liaison between the Product Development Team (PDT) and technical individuals with specific talents that can contribute to the success of the project
- Partner with Procurement, Quality, and Product Engineering in support of the specific business segment and as an advocate for both the design center and the manufacturing plant of choice
- Own the overall manufacturing process from concept to production hand-off
- Build the manufacturing quote summary based on inputs from each technical expertise group
- Accountable for documentation in support of the PDT phases (7) and for delivering the message on status, issues & barriers, and milestones related to the organization on a per phase basis as part of the greater PDT team
- Lead the technical investigation and develop the solution through collaboration and direct hands-on when needed
- Partner with Engineering in Simultaneous engineering
- Assure all technical resources have the information they need to perform strong feasibility reviews and provide quote inputs to develop and deliver process that our organization and customers want
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or an applied science
- Experience with process trouble-shooting and continuous improvement
- Knowledge of manufacturing quality requirements and quality tools (Ex: 5-why, 8D, Ishikawa/Fish bone)
- Experience working with manufacturing plants and engineering performing feasibility and process capabilities
- Ability to travel globally up to 10% of the time
What Will Put You Ahead
- Project Management experience
- Experience in New Product development for manufacturing (Design for manufacturing)
- Knowledge of manufacturing best practices related to molding, stamping & assembly
- Experience with Connector manufacturing and/or SMT; (service mount technology); tool detail manufacturing, and fabrication process knowledge
- Ability to read & interpret product, tool detail and assembly drawings (NX preferred)
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf