At Georgia-Pacific we offer more than just another job or role; we offer careers. Are you looking for your next career move?
Georgia-Pacific has an opening for a Maintenance Mechanic at our facility in Camden, NJ and we are interested in learning more about you! Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated, skilled hourly professional with a working knowledge of mechanical troubleshooting and a solid foundation in the skills needed to properly maintain manufacturing equipment. This position creates value by performing predictive, preventative and corrective maintenance leading to increased uptime, reliability, and the assurance of meeting production and quality goals.
Our Maintenance Mechanics work overtime, weekends, on-call and rotating shifts.
This position starts at 27.30 per hour with a $5,000 sign on bonus!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Performing periodic maintenance routines including lubricating machines and equipment for improved reliability and uptime.
- Working with operations associates to identify and prioritize maintenance needs
- Maintaining accurate maintenance logs including labor hours and critical preventative maintenance findings
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures and actively participating in the safety program
- Assisting in the development and implementation of reliability centered maintenance strategies
- Applying simple problem-solving methods such as 5Y to reduce and eliminate failures
- Working in a hot, humid, cold, dusty, and noisy industrial environment
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures
The Experience You Will Bring
- A minimum of five (5) years of mechanical maintenance experience in an industrial, manufacturing, or military environment
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing hydraulics & pneumatics
- Experience with fabricating, torch cutting, and arc welding
- Experience with reading mechanical drawings, P&IDs and precision measurements
- Experience troubleshooting issues with bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes, and conveyors, rollers, pulleys, and shafts
- Experience using a computer for record-keeping and documentation functions
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associates degree or two (2) years of study from a technical college in the fields of Industrial Maintenance or Industrial Technology
- Ten (10) or more years of mechanical maintenance experience in an industrial, manufacturing or military environment
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf