Embedded QA Engineer
Sentient Energy (www.sentient-energy.com), a subsidiary of Koch Engineered Solutions (KES), has established itself as an electric utility industry leader with its uniquely capable “Grid Analytics System”, consisting of several intelligent sensor product lines and software packages, that expand the visibility into critical operating conditions on the electric power grid. Global utilities already spend billions annually on distribution automation products, with strong growth expected over the next 5 years as the industry prepares for a rapid increase in solar, electric vehicle and other renewables penetration. Sentient Energy is positioned to capitalize on this trend and be a leader in the most rapidly growing sector of the Smart Grid, while making the delivery of power more reliable, safer, lower cost, and much “greener”.
Sentient Energy is looking for an Embedded QA Engineer who is interested in joining an extremely passionate and talented team to take on the challenge of making the power grid safer, more reliable, and more efficient. This individual will lead the SQA effort for our line of embedded software testing. The ideal candidate is a self-starter and dynamic individual who demands the highest level of product quality. He/she has a track record of being execution oriented, and willing to take on any challenges necessary to get the job done.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Work closely with embedded development teams to scope, and plan SQA efforts.
- Design test cases and author test plans based on functional specifications.
- Participate in hands-on triage and testing of solutions, including write functional test suite in Python and verification of embedded software features.
- Document bugs and track bug resolution through the engineering teams to closure.
- Write detailed defect reports and summary test reports.
- Run manual and test automation test suite.
- Constantly work to improve the quality of the products, and establish SQA best practices.
- Responsibilities may include external communication on topics related to the system implementation and testing.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2+ years of experience in embedded device or firmware testing
- 2+ years of experience with Python/ bash script
- Experience working with Linux on PC’s
- Proven experience in manual and automation software testing
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with C/C++
- Experience with sensor systems
- Experience with products that are deployed in the Electric utility industry and smart-grid is desirable
- Experience with mesh wireless systems
- Experience with cellular (GSM, CDMA, LTE, etc.) systems
- Python programming experience
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf